Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Idea

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Jman83, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jman83

Jman83 GO DUCKS!!! Member

Is there any way you could separate the Oregon classifieds from the Washington classifieds. It's irritating when I find a gun I would like to purchase and come to find out it's in Washington. I think it would be nice if the Oregon classifieds were posted in one link and the Washington ads were posted in another. Just an idea. Thanks.

2. pirateer2007

pirateer2007 Spokane Wa Member

Agreed :D

3. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Personally I dont agree, FTF is nice but some people dont mind FFL, personally when I have sold my 4 guns on here, I posted it as WA and OR because I didnt mind shipping if the buyer was willing to pay.

BUT.. Here my idea, take out the WWT/WTS prefix and change it to item location (at least in the fire arms section because it would easily solve the FTF or FFL on the buyers end)..

Because WTS is a given and if you WTT I it would be listed in your add, plus even when you dont list WTT people offer you trades lol..

4. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

I totally agree.. FTF isn't legal interstate..and I see no need to sort through out of State ads..

5. el gringo loco

el gringo loco PDX Member

Not all sales in the classifieds are FTF. I have done the FFL thing with a Vancouver resident. I am way more likely to buy across the river than to try to do a FTF with someone in southern Oregon.

6. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

There is a location in the ad title, you select WTS/WTT OR/WA, you simply glance at the title to see where the item is located.

If the sections were separated people who didn't mind selling out of state would have to post two ads, in both the Oregon and Washington section.

7. theduke

theduke NW Member

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;)

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

+1

You can also do a custom search by prefix, Use a wildcard (*) as your keyword:

wts.jpg

9. Jman83

Jman83 GO DUCKS!!! Member

I realize you can do that, I'm just saying it would be nice to have a specific state that you can click on to view what is for sale in that state only.

10. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

I would like to see an 'other' option available for folks who don't reside or want to sell in a specific state. 'Course I am just a guest here ... ;)

11. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

while we are at it we can have a special section for those who want an in state ftf and require caveats of a pistol license and bill of sale with all your info on a shotgun deal "for his records only".