JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,
I'm looking to sell a few firearms as they aren't getting used and they should be so I'm after peoples opinion as to what a reasonable price would be for them so I can post them up in the appropriate classified section once I get an idea what to ask for them.

Sure, there will be some saying "I'll give you $xxx for them" and that's okay I won't be offended but I also won't be selling them at fire sale prices :)

Winchester 1892 .25-20 cerakoted, fair/good condition, octagonal barrel, extra unfinished stock set, loading dies and forming dies to resize .32-20 cases down which were made by gunsmith, loaded ammo, some bullets (60gn and 87gn)
Winchester 1894M good condition with new butt stock, some ammo
Browning .22 pump action old made in Belgium. Blueing has worn off but otherwise good condition, action is very smooth (you will know what I mean if you have ever ever worked the action of a Belgium made Browning)
Colt Anaconda .44 Mag 8" barrel. Bought new Jul 2021. Comes with case, manual etc etc. Minimal rounds through it.

Thanks in advance for informed input.

Hi,
I'm looking to sell a few firearms as they aren't getting used and they should be so I'm after peoples opinion as to what a reasonable price would be for them so I can post them up in the appropriate classified section once I get an idea what to ask for them.
Sure, there will be some saying "I'll give you $xxx for them" and that's okay I won't be offended but I also won't be selling them at fire sale prices :)
Winchester 1892 .25-20 cerakoted, fair/good condition, octagonal barrel, extra unfinished stock set, loading dies and forming dies to resize .32-20 cases down which were made by gunsmith, loaded ammo, some bullets (60gn and 87gn)
Winchester 9422M XTR good condition with new butt stock, some ammo
Browning .22 pump action old made in Belgium. Blueing has worn off but otherwise good condition, action is very smooth (you will know what I mean if you have ever ever worked the action of a Belgium made Browning)
Colt Anaconda .44 Mag 8" barrel. Bought new Jul 2021. Comes with case, manual etc etc. Minimal rounds through it.

I would suggest going to the GunBroker website and look through their completed auctions for the specific models you have. Look at the auctions where there was an actual sale. This will give you a ballpark idea of the values.

I would suggest going to the GunBroker website and look through their completed auctions for the specific models you have. Look at the auctions where there was an actual sale. This will give you a ballpark idea of the values.
Thanks for the suggestion, a good way to get an idea. Much appreciated.

I use GunBroker (sold), Guns international.com, and TrueGunValue.com to get an idea what they are actually being sold for. Typically GunBroker prices are higher in order to pay for their transaction fees (6%, for example). Most sites want more for their guns either because they are passed by fees or it's "my favorite great gun" so it's higher priced.

Hi,

Winchester 1894M good condition with new butt stock, some ammo

Other than the Anaconda, one would need to have the guns in hand, or have some very high quality detailed pictures to even get in the ball park.
From your description, you are talking shooters, not collectibles.
Best,
Gary

In using gun broker to evaluate, use only completed sales prices. If you use asking prices on auctions that don't sell the gun--which may be most-- you will get a WAY inflated impression of the value. To see completed auctions you must register with the site so you can use Advanced search.

In using gun broker to evaluate, use only completed sales prices. If you use asking prices on auctions that don't sell the gun--which may be most-- you will get a WAY inflated impression of the value. To see completed auctions you must register with the site so you can use Advanced search.
I have an account on gunbroker and I had a look at completed auctions (thanks 66PonyCar for the suggestion). BIG difference between For Sale and those that have sold!

I'll be listing the firearms for what I feel will be a fair price here, not at fire sale prices but taking into account the fact gunbroker is a business and has to charge accordingly. I'd prefer dealing with people within a reasonable distance to Tacoma to minimise the cost both ways.

Like I said they aren't getting used and I'm not really interested in safe queens, better to pass them on to someone who will.

I'll get the ads up shortly, thanks for the replies and the help.

Cheers,

I'll third or fourth the GunBroker auction site for values. GunBroker is a great tool, use it for Colt Python values for completed auctions. I check values every 6 months as I have a couple collectors items and I like to keep up on the value. Have discussed that certain models are now to valuable to shoot with other members, and we have discussed values. All of us use GunBroker completed auctions to gauge value of our Colt firearms.

Not to be repeating what has already been said, but it is probably the best way to figure market value before you list a firearm for sale.

Last Edited:
If you plan to use Gunbroker, I will re-emphasize what someone said before. Make sure you furnish many quality pictures. Provide a complete and accurate written description of the goods. You don't want a bounce-back because the buyer wasn't well informed about the item. Different methods of marketing guns have their own advantages and disadvantages. Gunbroker buyers are usually at a distance, and are disadvantaged from examining the goods in person. Accurate and adequate descriptions of your item will minimize buyer disappointment and potential return of the firearm to you. Which can be expensive and bothersome.

Pricing on GB. After doing your research, figure out the least amount you'd take considering the circumstances. If it's worth more, auction is the best venue for price discovery. If it doesn't move, you may have priced it too high and you can always adjust downward.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top