JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What ever happened with that woman police chief that thought she was to be an independent operative in the city? Has the City of Pdx Police Department run down hill?
Yeah. She was such a success in Oakland.:rolleyes:
And she's having the same results inPortland.
What were you expecting?

This is timely for me and my husband.....I am a seventh generation Oregonian, and I have come to loathe the state I was born and raised in. My folks were third generation orchardists, and my mother's side of the family were and are loggers and sheep ranchers....the state edicts and spotted owl mess almost finished them off.

We are looking to get the hell out of Oregon and move to Idaho. I have my Mom's family who homesteaded in idaho in the 1850s, loggers, ranchers, and damn hard workers. This state has become a leftard nightmare.

We have fireams, we hunt, fish, I used to herd sheep and ranch before the industry went t*ts up in Oregon, and I've got to get out for my own sanity. this is nuts.

The gun grabbers, our Queen/governor Brown and the f@@##$t AG, Rosenblum will never give up and trying to wrest our inalienable rights, that THEY cannot remove. But they won't stop trying, ever. We have many pieces and they are part of a life long collection both of us. I will be damned if I let those two witches get ahold of our firearms, or try to make us register them, or put frigging trigger locks on them.

When I am ready to retire, we are OUT. The worst threat we face now, are the CAs and others moving to Idaho and raising the prices of the land, to where we cannot afford to buy it. We have a farm, we have means, but we can't pay CA prices. These SOBS ruin everything they touch....seen it here in N. Central OR where I live now. there has to be a way to stop them from moving to ID and ruining everything, just like what they left behind. Sick of their attitudes, sick of them waving money around, and sick of their politics.

If we could put up toll gates over the Cascades, and make eastern Oregon and eastern WA into the State of Jefferson or something similar, and make these bastards stop at the passes, it would be great. The leftards from Progtown, Salemgrad, and Little Moscow on the Willamette bring their filth and idiotic political ideas with them, and soon we are inundated with more taxes, thou shalt nots, and crowds everywhere.

Idaho as I knew it as a kid, with my late grandmother, has probably changed a bit. Time to get outta here before it is too late, and be among conservative folks who know the value of firearms, liberties, freedoms, and staying the hell out of my life.
Paulette; Patriots feel your grief. California residents created their own hell, & now it's spreading like a cancer. Personally if all of Hollywood (Americas Sodom and Gomorrah) burned to the ground I would not shed a tear. There may be a few good Patriots left in Ca, but their called a minority group. Whats happening in Idaho is happening in many other States such as Arizona, Texas. This is why Patriots in All locations must raise a Red Flag on what is going on with their Government, & get involved. No longer can the Majority be silent, it's time to come up with solutions. Such as; you move in my State you cannot vote
"Local" government for 5 years ? Or maybe Convention of the States? I don't have the answers how to stop this, but I know it will have to be done by
"We the People".

I'm a refugee and fled Washington, from what I can best describe as pre-Nazi Germany before WWII. The insanity, the hatred toward conservatives, the hatred for the Constitution, the hatred toward President Trump, the total leftist control and oppression. It's horrible. And growing exponentially worse. 2020 will almost certainly see massive gun, ammo, and accessories bans and restrictions. The lazy apathetic people of Washington have let that state go to the dump, and much of the pro-gun voting base (like me) have fled, further exacerbating the problem. It's simply unconscionable for folks there to keep electing the same idiots into power, and a full 50% of the voting age population refuses to participate in the easiest election process imaginable - the mail you a ballot that is free to mail back!!! And yet a full HALF don't bother, while their rights are taken every election. The state is lost, absent a miracle or federal intervention. There is hope, if the new SCOTUS case coming out of NY on guns goes favorably. It may signal to these leftists states to dial it back... who knows.

There is a soft cold war going on, a form of terrain denial, by the left grabbing land, making bad laws to drive opposition out or under, and bankrupt them in long legal fights. They have been pretty successful, taking about 10 states now with this tactic. I do hope the feds step in and stop it. They could, actually, with some aggressive use of federal laws and powers, particularly to protect 2A rights and make all state laws contrary to the 2A illegal. I hope Trump gets another term, and maybe these lost states can be saved if some Federal powers are exercised to end or reverse some of this nonsense.

But in the meantime, I know that I no longer wanted to live under daily stress of the tyranny, the hassles, the taxes, the threats against my rights, etc.

My move to Idaho has been simply, in a word, amazing. Whereas WA was literally the worst state I've ever lived in, Idaho is my 9th state and the best I've lived in, or maybe the 2nd best (but that was Colorado when it was a red state, no longer). The people are friendly, gun rights are fantastic, it's a great state for my interests and hobbies... I love it.

And for any Idaho folks, I brought my pro-2A attitude and vote, my money, my guns, and my will to fight to preserve the Constitution! Happy to be here and fight off the lefties before they gain a foothold and ruin this state like so many others.
Been out to Greenleaf lately?
B7725061-85CD-4E26-BD42-F0F8DA20041E.jpeg

I see it as common courtesy and decency, keeping your nose out of other peoples' business, don't move to a new area and "try to fix" what ain't broken, and be respectful to the long time locals. Many folks are multi-generational, and when transplants from CA who already have a bad reputation, move to a very conservative or religious area, they are going to be scrutinized whether they realize it, or not.

I've seen it in my home state of Oregon since I was born 63 years ago....Oregon is done. My family came to Oregon as a wagon train captain and his family in the 1840s, and the rest of the huge family homesteaded in Idaho....I still have relatives all over the state of Oregon and Idaho. The now liberal mindset is prominent and prevalent, flashing money and inserting themselves into local government to change things, and the rude, pushy, nosy and "I got mine, now you can't have yours" behavior is extreme. My neighbor down the road from my farm, was that way when he first moved here from CA. Now, he is the sweetest person....just took awhile for the man to see how things were done here, what the neighbors were like (not that we are all living that close to each other), and BE RESPECTFUL TO WHO AND WHAT ARE ALREADY HERE.

I am always willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt....but if you bring your gun grabbing, liberal politics and mindset to a rural, farming, logging and ranching area, WE ARE DONE. I've seen it for many years, here and where my relatives in eastern Oregon live, infiltration into rural areas where all of a sudden, your way or life, be it cattle or sheep ranching, haying, logging, (Gawd ferbid!!), or mill work is suddenly a BAD BAD THING.... and then they hop to and start trying to change it all. We've already had that debacle with the spotted owl, ranching, and the enviros, my family's livelihoods and that of my relatives was almost ground into the dirt.

MY ADVICE TO CA TRANSPLANTS: RESPECT WHAT YOU MOVE TO, AND DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE IT. LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE.
Otherwise, you will be met with a force and pushback far beyond your wildest imagination.
Well stated Paulette..Very well stated indeed.

My biggest fear is a major league gun grabber will be elected in 2020 and it won't matter much what state you live in.

There's an estimated 100,000,000 gun owners, or 1 in 3 households. Estimates of course. Probably more.

In the last election, each candidate got about 65 million votes.

If every gun owner voted pro-2A, we would never lose another federal election, and probably never lose another state election either.

There's an estimated 100,000,000 gun owners, or 1 in 3 households. Estimates of course. Probably more.

In the last election, each candidate got about 65 million votes.

If every gun owner voted pro-2A, we would never lose another federal election, and probably never lose another state election either.
The Constitution is a Patriots guideline.

Let's not forget about people moving from New York and New England with their leftist ideas.
Thats not really the ones to worry about,not enough yet to control the vote.But the swarms of locust from Cali,now thats who we should concern ourselves with currently.What to do about them,I do not have an answer but move out and let them have this hell hole they have created.

Thank your so much, Gunflint. That is kind of you to say. The frustration I feel is surely magnified many times over, in this nation. I've had enough.
Hang in there Paulette, we've all had enough. As one can see on forums across this Nation, we are speaking out. Many are contacting Senators/Congressmen demanding our voices be heard. It's the start of the Silent Majority voice, you might say an awakening and it's overdue.
God gave us a brains, lungs, & voice. Our Fore-fathers gave us the Constitution, use them or loose them. I stand for the Flag.

Thank you, Gunflint, for your excellent post and points. This cannot continue. Our liberties and freedoms, as well as traditions are being destroyed from within, in our great nation. There's a song, "I'm little but I'm loud"....that seems to apply to some of us....And yes, I have been hollering for years about our missteps in the leftard government halls in the PNW for what good it will or will not do. I make regular contact with our representatives and let them know, that we are furious with the usurpation going on in our government, that belongs to , WE, THE PEOPLE. The politicians WORK FOR US, not the other way around. And it is about time we let them all know it, solidly and staunchly. Thank you for the conversation, we all appreciate your words of wisdom.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top