JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just moved to Idaho from Texas. My question concerns a bill in Idaho that was presented this year. My neighbor said he read of a bill earlier this year that states that if you buy a suppressor made in Idaho, and are a resident of Idaho, you can get it without a stamp? Is that true, I tried researching it but couldn't find anything about it.I don't even know if it was voted on. I know that they are legal in Idaho, I know that you need a stamp generally.

Does anyone have the contact information for a good trust lawyer in Northern Idaho, in case I need a stamp.

Anyone with insight into this question would be very helpful.

Sir,
Thank you for your response. I just found the legislation under health in the legislature. Thank you for attaching the newspaper link.

For anyone else interested here is the link to the actual legislation.

<broken link removed>

We are still doing tax stamps, even on suppressors made in Idaho. The main reason is because nobody wants to be the first case the ATF makes an example of. Especially with what's going on with the IRS right now.

This sounds like a state rights test case. The over reach of federal power is justified under the interstate commerce clause of the constitution.

It started back in 1942 with a bad Supreme court ruling
Wickard v. Filburn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and now it has been extended to the point where the Federal Government barely even pretends to need an excuse.

The good news is that a growing number of states are joining together to challenge the usurpation of their rights. Obviously they are all a bunch of extremists.:s0131:

Firearms Freedom Act

Who says resistance is futile? g :s0155:

Resurrecting/updating an old thread....

So the 2013 Senate bill 1099 did not get signed into law, but there was already laws on the books that allowed ID made suppressors legal within the state of ID without tax stamps. They cant leave the state but are legal. I haven't tried buying one without a stamp and am not sure where I would start looking. Its pretty clear though and several states have similar laws on the books as well.

Cant find the articles right now, but there was a case in KS where a couple guys were prosecuted on a similar law and received probation for manufacturing, selling, and possessing KS made suppressors in KS. It was said they were appealing but couldn't find any updates.

Section 18-3315A – Idaho State Legislature

While it sure is a nifty idea they are not actually "Legal" . The state might not prosecute you but the Feds are the ones you need to be concerned with. Its really, really illegal federally unless you build one on a form 1 or buy it on a form 4.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top