Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Idaho Suppressor law question

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by armyprop, Jul 5, 2013.

1. armyprop

armyprop N. Idaho New Member

I just moved to Idaho from Texas. My question concerns a bill in Idaho that was presented this year. My neighbor said he read of a bill earlier this year that states that if you buy a suppressor made in Idaho, and are a resident of Idaho, you can get it without a stamp? Is that true, I tried researching it but couldn't find anything about it.I don't even know if it was voted on. I know that they are legal in Idaho, I know that you need a stamp generally.

Does anyone have the contact information for a good trust lawyer in Northern Idaho, in case I need a stamp.

Anyone with insight into this question would be very helpful.

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

3. armyprop

4. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

We are still doing tax stamps, even on suppressors made in Idaho. The main reason is because nobody wants to be the first case the ATF makes an example of. Especially with what's going on with the IRS right now.

5. armyprop

Has the legislature voted on it?

6. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

This sounds like a state rights test case. The over reach of federal power is justified under the interstate commerce clause of the constitution.

It started back in 1942 with a bad Supreme court ruling
    Wickard v. Filburn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and now it has been extended to the point where the Federal Government barely even pretends to need an excuse.

The good news is that a growing number of states are joining together to challenge the usurpation of their rights. Obviously they are all a bunch of extremists.:paranoid:

Firearms Freedom Act

Who says resistance is futile? g :thumbup: