JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Geez Gunner, you think she's the first member of the current federal crop that can't recognize when good money is being thrown away on a worthless pursuit?

I doubt it, but ya never know.

Geez Gunner, you think she's the first member of the current federal crop that can't recognize when good money is being thrown away on a worthless pursuit?

I doubt it, but ya never know.

Good Point. :) I was thinking more of her not wanting the em-bare-azz-ment of getting her butt kicked in Idaho. If she's a big city gal, she doesn't know our folks and may have jumped without looking or thinking. When she sees all the press, she may have second thoughts. Now, if this case was being brought in San Fran, the shooter could bend over and kiss his *** good bye.

$.02

Good Point. :) I was thinking more of her not wanting the em-bare-azz-ment of getting her butt kicked in Idaho. If she's a big city gal, she doesn't know our folks and may have jumped without looking or thinking. When she sees all the press, she may have second thoughts. Now, if this case was being brought in San Fran, the shooter could bend over and kiss his *** good bye.

$.02

You didn't read my column closely, didja?
Olson is an Idaho native. Born there, grew up there...but appointed by Obama. Surely she recalls how federal prosecution of Randy Weaver went.

This is, as I said, going to have some serious repercussions, and I get to write about them.

I think the real problem is that this is even going to court. It should never have made it that far. Any sane man in his right mind would protect his family from an intruder, be it a man or a grizzly.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's possible the charges might be dropped. It's a very unpopular charge, and the prosecutor may just figure out that at least one Idahoan will probably vote not guilty and she loses. Let's see if she's dumb enough to follow through.

She might not care about losing. This might be a career building charge for her. The case that she can point to later on and claim that she is for saving endangered species etc. This action has the potential to bring her big money donation to her future campaign from the likes of "Sierra Club", "Greenpeace" and "I've got a woody for a tree" crowd.

She might not care about losing. This might be a career building charge for her. The case that she can point to later on and claim that she is for saving endangered species etc. This action has the potential to bring her big money donation to her future campaign from the likes of "Sierra Club", "Greenpeace" and "I've got a woody for a tree" crowd.

I agree that may have been her motive in the beginning, but nobody likes a big, public egg-on-your-face loss. This will be big news, and she'll lose in Idaho. (Just one, single, hold-out juror and she loses.)

I agree that may have been her motive in the beginning, but nobody likes a big, public egg-on-your-face loss. This will be big news, and she'll lose in Idaho. (Just one, single, hold-out juror and she loses.)

There's some things you just can't live down. A bank robber in a neighboring town took off on a bicycle. The local cop was on duty but didn't apprehend the robber. They guy probably had a car not far away but the cop heard about that until he moved.

I'm guessing this could be similar.

SO The laws that states.... You may shoot an animal ON your property IF.... it is causing property damage or a danger to human life, is thrown out of the window here? That woman needs to spend some time with some hunters and avid outdoorsmen...... or she needs to have some bears let loose on her property, killing things and scaring her kids. Then as all this is happening hand her a rifle and say "protect what is yours"

Or...she be looked up to for the "strength" she showed and her perseverence in pushing this case in this state. I'd bet Kagan and Sotomayor would give her a pat on the back, win or lose. I agree with you, gunner, this should be viewed as a waste of time and taxpayer money, and should put her job in jeopardy, but many of her peers and circles will put her on a pedestal for her actions.

I went to Moscow a couple weeks back.Took the long way though Spokane and Coeur d' Alene,then south on the 95.Stopped at a little spot by the lake.
Asked the waitress where all the big money came from,as Spokane and Coeur d Alene seem to have some pretty big houses in the hills.

She thinks they brought it with them
So just like we over on the coast have to deal with,Idaho has bleeding hearts from all over too.Not just the tried and true Idahoians? that understand how animals work.
(dare I say Californians?)

So just like we over on the coast have to deal with,Idaho has bleeding hearts from all over too.Not just the tried and true Idahoians? that understand how animals work.
(dare I say Californians?)

I saw a PETA protest not long ago, picketing a leather shop in Portland.

I just couldn't figure out why those puzzees didn't have the guts to picket a group of bikers for wearing leather jackets, LOL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top