Idaho has a draconian anti-self-defense law.

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by JonBailey1964, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LaserMan

LaserMan
    Eugene, OR

What bothers me most about this is the "desk 30 feet away" - that's one HUGE office! Maybe that's a typo or maybe it's an embellishment, either way, it takes credibility away from the rest of the story.

2. sigmadog

sigmadog
    Spokane area
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

It's a story related by someone I trust to have been telling the truth. The guy in the story was a big shot CEO of a tech firm. I think it happened in Nevada, but I can't be sure. Anyway, he often worked at home and had a huge office.

Hope that helps ease your doubts regarding credibility. Usually if I make stuff up, it's fairly obvious.

albin25 likes this.
  3. PaulB47

PaulB47
    Hillsboro

I suspect most people think cops are their friends, which is why they blab. Cops are trying to put your bubblegum in jail. Don't give them what they need to do that. Even if those particular cops mean no harm to you, they still have to report, and you may end up facing a prosecutor with political aspirations (they don't move up by letting people off).

mjbskwim likes this.
  4. JonBailey1964

JonBailey1964
    Boise, ID

I don't imagine politically-motivated prosecutors in red pro-gun Idaho would MOVE UP by hammering well-intentioned armed people who defending themselves against home intruders especially when forced entry was committed either!

5. Hang-Man

Hang-Man
    Central Oregon

Defending against Intruders are one thing, then after you defend yourself you have to turn around and defend yourself with the COPS, NOT!! Talk to the Police, Be Open, Inviting, Pour out your heart, NO WAY, just say "LAWYER" and keep your dang Mouth SHUT. This Isn't Mayberry and there never was a Mayberry.