JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something tells me this would not be the same with 'gun sanctuary' laws.
Indeed. This is an issue. Via Printz v USA; the Feds cannot compel/directly order State/Local officers to enforce Federal Laws... this is used most often in immigration sanctuary cities and States.... however it has not stopped the Feds themselves from enforcing Federal laws in these States &Cities.. which is the main takeaway for the 2A sanctuary movement.... unless the States/locals are able to effectively enforce their 2A Sanctuary laws; going as far as jailing Federal Agents and enforce the 2A at its most simplest/basic meaning, which is that the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ... it is simply "paper tigers" and feel good virtue signaling.

A good question. Can the States/Local officers enforce certain Federal Laws and arrest Federal Agents trying to enforce Federal laws contrary to the Constitution ?

These are great for states willing to do it. But, the ATF is federal so it really won't matter. If the feds ban stuff or require extra nonsense the gun shops will have to abide. Or lose their license.

THIS is true.

Cate

Man I hope not - the song has nothing to do with Idaho and was nothing more than a title to the Van Sant movie in 1991 'My own private Idaho'
I looked up the song and the movie. I did not know jack squat about the song. I never heard of the movie but since you mentioned it - I looked it up online.

IT had nothing to do with Idaho from what I read about the movie and the song lyrics.

My husband never heard the song, it's lyrics and knew nothing about the movie too.

Cate

Despite the prognostication of many, Idaho is not and never was a "sanctuary" state. It is not Nirvana and does have some very restrictive laws. Read the codes, you can be prosecuted if you have a knife in your pocket, exceeds the '3 1/2' inch length and no CWL. Also, municipalities can have laws that negate the Idaho 'law'.
Also, this 'signing' is news to me and if you compare 'local' news coverage of it to national coverage it was 'hidden' amoungst the chaff!
How much Fed money has a state lost with the legalization of Marijuana?

Can you still buy a bump stock today in Idaho?

If the answer is no, that answers your question about Federal > State.

What about all the gun control laws Idaho still enforces that were put into place before Biden?

Can you still buy a bump stock today in Idaho?

If the answer is no, that answers your question about Federal > State.

What about all the gun control laws Idaho still enforces that were put into place before Biden?

Yeah. Sanctuary cities/states sound like a great idea. Until the reality sets it.

Yeah. Sanctuary cities/states sound like a great idea. Until the reality sets it.
Indeed. People like to parrot that "laws repugnant to the Constitution are null and void" based on Marbury V. Madison, but they don't seem to remember that Marbury V. Madison was about State laws that contradict Federal Constitution and is what the District Courts and SCOTUS have operated on for a long time... nothing about Federal laws that are a contradiction to Federal Constitution :rolleyes:

Unless states can actually regulate firearms like the ATF (and it will never happen) all of this talk of sanctuaries is just feel good nonsense. Yes maybe one won't get in trouble for breaking a federal law for "assault weapons" or magazines but the ability to purchase said products will be basically null. Besides private sales and even then I don't think that will be a big market because folks will know they can't replace it.

I am all for 2A sanctuaries but I'm also realistic and can see how little effect it will have.

How's this for a national plank...
Say "Deregulate firearms trade". Don't say "repeal gun control laws" :rolleyes:
Abolish the ATF.
Open up interstate commerce of shooting/"sporting" equipment/firearms/ammunition.

Open up imports of fine quality "hunting" rifles from Russia and China :p revoke the import bans

Make Pentagon 1033 program open to all eligible citizens. If the cops can get free military surplus equipment, why not the citizens too?

All these bills do is appease a certain voting base without actually accomplishing anything.
Yep and kind of an 'underhanded' way as well.

Lets face it - there are probably a lot of people who don't keep up on the laws and day to day current events and but easily influenced when they hear things like this and they raise their fists and flags higher and check the Governors box at the next election.

It would make more sense for the Gov to sign bills that actually create or make positive changes to the state gun laws but then that wouldn't get nearly the results he was looking for.

Yep, Idaho is terrible. Politicians just telling the people what they want to hear. I guess that's why the population is growing so dam fast.

Let's think about this, would I rather put up with the governor in Idaho signing legislation to placate his base or the governor's of Oregon, Washington, California looking after their base populations.

Repeat after me, Idaho bad, deplorable peoples, horrible weather, oppressive government, etc..

BTW ---- Idaho is full...

Last Edited:
Man thats a one in a million after 53 years.

I knew a guy who found a body in CA but it was determined to be a burial from the early 1900s.

Several years ago a friend and I were elk hunting in E. Oregon and learned a few days after returning a body had been found of a lost hunter like less than a 1/4 mile from where we had been camping.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top