JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Forest Service land. No "leaders" so no one to sign the permit.
Total Charlie Fox for the property.

Why does the USFS agree to let them come? Is there nothing that can be done to stop them?

I see in the second link above that people in Harney are still hurting after the "occupation" and really didn't want this but some businesses wanted revenue.

I have a similar question about out of state licensing. I held a WA state license for 10 years and let it expire some time ago. I am now an OR resident but would like to get my WA license again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Just local people being polite. The vast majority are of the "get the F out" mentality. For all our bass ackward reputations, folks out here are pretty tolerant and supportive of varying lifestyles. It's when those periphery people start raising hell is when the pitchforks come out.
Left the area pristine? hell to the no.

I like bass ackward. In fact, I liked it so much I bought the moniker. Also because the older I get the more resistant I am to change and my wife, who is a lifetime resident, claims to be a bona-fide redneck.

"Stop the world, I wanna get off"... don't we all? - bbbass

Sorry for the extended random off-topic posts folks!!

I have a similar question about out of state licensing. I held a WA state license for 10 years and let it expire some time ago. I am now an OR resident but would like to get my WA license again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Some of this thread may as well be on topic...
Also, this is the only other state I need.

Don't know if you ever got your answer, but I'm an OR resident and got my WA CPL about 3 years ago. Pretty easy to do. Go to the Clark Co Sheriff's office in Vancouver (no appointment required as I recall) and file your paperwork. I think it took about an hour or so. Got my license at the very end of the time frame promised.

I recall their website tells you where to go and what to do. They made it pretty easy for a non-resident.

Darn.....I need a little more notice to get to Meridian ( 4 hour drive , one way). If you ever do this again, please give us a little more lead time. I'd really like to pursue this .

Thanks, mike

Darn.....I need a little more notice to get to Meridian ( 4 hour drive , one way). If you ever do this again, please give us a little more lead time. I'd really like to pursue this .

Thanks, mike
Keep an eye on the website at Independence Shooting. They said they would like to host us on a regular basis. Unfortunately we are a very small department, so Scheduling gets tricky when things get busy in the county.

I am an Idaho resident and would like to thank the folks at grant county so for the very timely delivery of my oregon chl, set an appointment, showed up did all the steps and received chl, oh and i think wait time was like 4 mins, yep walked out with card, grant co so is a bunch of friendly folks thank you

I am an Idaho resident and would like to thank the folks at grant county so for the very timely delivery of my oregon chl, set an appointment, showed up did all the steps and received chl, oh and i think wait time was like 4 mins, yep walked out with card, grant co so is a bunch of friendly folks thank you
I'll pass along your message to the civil deputies. Thanks!

Any Idaho folks on here interested in applying for their Oregon nonresident CHL permit?
Pm me.
Thanks

It's no secret. Grant County Oregon Sheriff Glenn Palmer has been de facto shall issue for non-residents for years. I'm a Nevada resident about to relocate to Salem area. I'm on my second Grant County Oregon CHL renewal; original CHL obtained June 2010. Just follow the instructions on his website, your existing training certificate for your Idaho license should suffice to meet the Oregon statutory training requirement.

The renewal process is out of date as I renewed last June. They do renewals on the spot. Just show your driver license, renewal fee and they'll issue it on the spot.

My Nevada CFP training certificate from years ago worked for my non-resident Oregon CHL through his office.
---
LVLouisCyphre
NRA and Utah CFP Instructor

It's no secret. Grant County Oregon Sheriff Glenn Palmer has been de facto shall issue for non-residents for years. I'm a Nevada resident about to relocate to Salem area. I'm on my second Grant County Oregon CHL renewal; original CHL obtained June 2010. Just follow the instructions on his website, your existing training certificate for your Idaho license should suffice to meet the Oregon statutory training requirement.

The renewal process is out of date as I renewed last June. They do renewals on the spot. Just show your driver license, renewal fee and they'll issue it on the spot.

My Nevada CFP training certificate from years ago worked for my non-resident Oregon CHL through his office.
---
LVLouisCyphre
NRA and Utah CFP Instructor

I'm sorry - Not sure what Secret you are referring to? I'm not offering any type of training; rather stating that I will be in Idaho taking Nonresident Applications as part of my duties with the SO. I'm not sure where you got the impression any sort of special class was required.
Oregon Law requires you apply in person with the Sheriff's Office.
GCSO is simply providing a convenient way to apply as opposed to making a trip over to Grant County, although we'd welcome you.
Congratulations on your move to Salem. Please make sure you apply with Marion county for your Oregon Permit and turn in your non resident permit once your move is completed. Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Ken

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR