JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a bump for a potentially useful class.

Come on my Idaho friends....don't just whine about how difficult it is to get an Oregon license....... don't let this just die on the vine !! Here's our chance ( maybe) !:)

So I am an Idaho resident that got an Oregon card when I lived in Washington, the OR card is still valid (as in not expired) but of course has my Washington address. I need to find a close, friendly county to change my address or do I have to completely start over?

When I search on "multnomah chl application" (my CHL county) the first two hits are PDF's
One is a FAQ and one is the CHL application.
There is a provision for an address change that can be done by mail for a fee of $15.
No mention of Idaho specifically but Multnomah is not adjacent to Idaho.
I would go to the closest OR county's SO website and see what they require for an address change

Mine is out of Columbia county which was handy when in Seattle. I am hoping now I can work with Malhure county.

I'll do some digging and see what I can find

Hi Mike,
We are up to our butts in Rainbow people for the next couple weeks. ill pm you this weekend.
Thanks

Are the Rainbow people gone yet? I have to go down to John Day on Tuesday.

Also, what is up with the No Weapons sign for the entire Grant County Courthouse building? Umatilla county only restricts the upper floors where the courts actually are.

If Grant County is too busy, Morrow County Sheriff Ken Matlack said that the Second Amendment Right to personal protection was a good enough reason for him to issue permits for out of state residents CHL Procedures

Are the Rainbow people gone yet? I have to go down to John Day on Tuesday.

Also, what is up with the No Weapons sign for the entire Grant County Courthouse building? Umatilla county only restricts the upper floors where the courts actually are.

If Grant County is too busy, Morrow County Sheriff Ken Matlack said that the Second Amendment Right to personal protection was a good enough reason for him to issue permits for out of state residents CHL Procedures

There is still about 3k people. Some stragglers but some crews doing clean up. Looks like a nuke went off it what was a pristine meadow.
Call Sally Monday morning at the SO to set up an appointment. 541-575-1131

There is still about 3k people. Some stragglers but some crews doing clean up. Looks like a nuke went off it what was a pristine meadow.
Call Sally Monday morning at the SO to set up an appointment. 541-575-1131

I shot IDPA with a USFS LEO on Saturday... he was disgusted with the mess that was left. These folks haven't changed since the '60s eh?

I shot IDPA with a USFS LEO on Saturday... he was disgusted with the mess that was left. These folks haven't changed since the '60s eh?
Oh, they have changed. While there is a remnant of the free love hippies, much of the gathering is under the threat of serious violence, rampant HARD drug use; and don't get me started on the smell, public urination, theft, trespass, panhandling, etc. My understanding was there quite an STD outbreak at the camp this year.

Oh, they have changed. While there is a remnant of the free love hippies, much of the gathering is under the threat of serious violence, rampant HARD drug use; and don't get me started on the smell, public urination, theft, trespass, panhandling, etc. My understanding was there quite an STD outbreak at the camp this year.

Ok. But I was in San Fran in the 60s and in L.A. til I was in my 20s. Everywhere it was no bathing, doing your biz whereever, trespass, panhandling, drug use, trash in the streams, bathing/orgy in the streams (wait, that was me ;)), one tried to sell me a Nikon camera he had just stolen from a campsite in Big Sur, rampant STDs.

And you should have seen them near the set of "Paint Your Wagon". My wife still talks about the "filthy hippies and beggars" at the movie site. Stoned on pot and they had the munchies, but of course mommy and daddy weren't there to buy their food for them and no place to use their food stamps. Mostly they were harmless, but she says there were a few that were actually crazy and scary as Charlie Manson.

From what you are describing, the only changes are violence (antifa types?) and HARD drugs. As if LSD, mescaline, peyote, reds, whites, shrooms, nitrous and freon, yellow jackets, meth, etc weren't hard enough. I think you had to be there, or at least in a different capacity. I saw a bit of everything except heroin use.

Last Edited:
IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0356.JPG This was a pristine meadow with green grass about 6-8" high

Is that public land? If so, do they get a permit? Are there promoters that can be charged?

If private land, I guess they can do what they want. Either way it is a shame to destroy a pristine meadow. Max Yasgur's farm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top