JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re; "the question" ;
I grew up in Idaho in the 50s, 60s... various studies have always drawn scorn & criticism, not always justified by facts. You can bet whatever side you take on this particular issue, there will be more coming . I've known a few employees in the past and was always surprised when discovering most of them had far more informed opinions that I did.

Whens the last time the govmt Actually fixed* anything other than their own expansion and perpetuation. Or even "unfixed" anything that no longer, or more to reality, never did work. I think the percentage of "positive fixes" ever happening are measured to the right of the decimal.

* (that aligns with my belief in the Constitution enhanced with fiscal and moral conservatism)

Don't want to fix anything... only aim is to get money to spend time justifying your employment as a new university grad. Once you have enough studies, you either get promotion, or move to the private world and become a Prof.

Re; "the question" ;
I grew up in Idaho in the 50s, 60s... various studies have always drawn scorn & criticism, not always justified by facts. You can bet whatever side you take on this particular issue, there will be more coming . I've known a few employees in the past and was always surprised when discovering most of them had far more informed opinions that I did.

I have a friend that is an Anadramous (sp) Fish Biologist with the ODFW. He is a very smart guy that knows his stuff. But the trend of .gov having young grads come in and do questionable studies has increased. IMO.

If there is a real reason to do the study, not something ginned up, then I'm all for it. I just don't see what there is to be learned by killing a small percentage of raiding winter elk. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.

just don't see what there is to be learned by killing a small percentage of raiding winter elk. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
Not to argue the whole premise of laboratory findings, suitable measurements in an otherwise information vaccume can be well worth the effort seeking solutions.

Not to argue the whole premise of laboratory findings, suitable measurements in an otherwise information vaccume can be well worth the effort seeking solutions.

Oh, I won't argue the value of laboratory findings, just the value of dubious studies returning dubious findings. :( Seems like another "make-work" project to me.

As I mentioned in another post, I have a good friend that is a Fish Biologist... he does fish counts, fish necropsies, etc. You know, things that return valuable info.

Somehow, the premise of the investigation just seems wrong... along the lines of "we won't know what's in the law until we pass the law". One has to wonder who approved this study and what they expected to discover/learn. Doesn't seem like they learned anything worth the lives of 200 elk. I would expect to say "hey let's go out and kill 200 elk and necropsy them to see what we can learn. They are eating farmers hay. So let's kill them to see what they are eating, and see if killing 1% of them makes any impact on their raiding haystacks. At what level of killing do we have to do to make them stop raiding haystacks?" How would that make any sense to a biologist supervisor??? What a weird thing. Where am I going wrong?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top