JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Denver

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Reactions
NOTE: CHANGED TO A 1 DAY, SATURDAY EVENT. CREW SERVED MATCH, AND WE'VE ADDED PSS (PISTOL, SHOTGUN, SUBMACHINE GUN) CHECK OUR WEBSITE: IAWCA.ORG
SPECTATORS ARE WELCOME, NO FEE.

CHEAPDAD

MULTIPLE EVENT 2 DAY WEEKEND
17th Annual Crew Served Machine Gun Match
Date & Location: 06/27/2020 at Parma Rod & Gun Club

Registration Begins: 9:00 am

Mandatory Safety Meeting: 9:15 am

Event Begins: 9:30 am

Entry Fees: $40 entry fee. The entry fee is per gun/crew and NOT for each crew member. However, all crew members must register and attend the safety meeting.

Match Description: Crew Served Machine Gun Match Requirements and General Description

This is a single stage match that will be held on Main Range at Parma Rod and Gun Club. The course of fire will be determined and stage set up will be done the morning of the match. The course of fire and actual round count is determined the morning of the match but it is advised to have a minimum of 300 rounds for the main gun loaded in feeding devices and even better to have an additional 200 rounds, just to be sure. This does not include submachine gun ammunition.

Stage set up is at 8:00am, sign ups will begin at 9:00am and a mandatory safety meeting will be at 9:15am. All participants must attend this safety meeting. The match will commence fire at 9:30.

This crew served match is open to medium/general purpose machine guns in the following calibers; 7.62×39, .308 Winchester/7.62 NATO, 30.06 Springfield, .303 British, 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R, 7.7 mm Japanese. No light machine guns (5.56 NATO/.223) or heavy machine guns (.50 BMG/12.7mm) are allowed.

No tracer or armor piercing steel core or steel jacketed bullets will be permitted. Any questionable ammunition will be inspected. This applies to submachine gun ammunition as well.

A three person "crew" shall consist of a main gunner, assistant gunner and spotter/submachine gunner. These 3 assigned duties can be interchangeable. All crew members must have hearing AND eye protection.

Accessories such as mounts, sights, feeding devices, stocks, bipods, etc. are allowed ONLY if they were standard issue or in use with that particular weapon when in service. For example: the optical sight that was commonly used with the German MG34/MG42 will be allowed but an optical sight or red dot mounted on a Browning 1919A4.1919A6/1917A1 will not be allowed.

If there are any questions or clarifications regarding these or any other details, please contact Match Director Jack Wilson at 408-374-9651

Spectators free and always welcome.

2009 Crew Served Match Results

2010 Match Results Pictures

2011 Match ResultsPhotos

should be much fun..course of fire will be approx 300-400 rounds of machine gun, approx 200 sub machine gun. Last I heard, there were 5 crews signed up, with a potential 4 more. Look for me...short, fat, white hair...on the "Fury" 1917 crew! afterwards is a PSS (pistol, shotgun, sub machine gun) shoot...head-on-head competitiion--always lots of shooting, and lots of fun....

Cheapdad (or: Scott)

I watched the people shoot and as most shooting events the people were awesome and were delighted to explain their weapons. I would like to thank the people for the privilege of being able to watch then run their weapons and think about the history of them I couldn't sadly stay all day.

Last Edited:
Hey, it was nice to meet you! One of the "guilty pleasures" of those shoots is showing-off! Check our website for more scheduled events--visitors are always welcome. Too bad, a case separation put our teams 1917 out of action....
Cheapdad

As an after thought the bark of the 1917 was so pleasant, like a Garand or the BAR ! Although the German M15 was what I really enjoyed don't know why but stirred my inner what ever!!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads