JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had not been through the Bend/Redmond area in quite some time, so many years ago I had the opportunity to drive through the area. When I spotted the Beemer and Benz dealerships I knew it was all over for the rural Oregonians living in this beautiful area. California had arrived and it would never be the same. Sad. We get our share here on the North Coast but they don't tend too stay more then a few years as they can't stand the crappy overcast winter weather. Thank Ya Jesus!

All this "hate" talk takes me back to my grandparents migration from the "dust-bowl" and depression era. They moved lock, stock & barrel from Oklahoma to California with dreams of putting down roots and thriving. My grandfather had about $30 in his pocket from selling off all he had to leave and head west. They stopped along the way and did odd jobs to buy fuel and groceries.
All I'm saying is Californians hated the "okies" coming in and ruining their state, so much so that signes were made and people refused to welcome them. Sound familiar?
People, regardless of ideology, will always seek to better their situation. My grandfather's father came over from Europe because of strife and economics. It's in our nature to move away from pain or discomfort.
Someone somewhere is benefiting from all of this. Bet on it. ;)

I've read about the dust bowl days and Californians resentment of those newcomers. And I wonder... who were those people? How many years and how many generations removed from when Cali was mostly owned by Mexican grand families?

My folks moved from Connecticut in 1950 to S Calif... Los Angeles at first. Mom was from a dirt poor farming family. Dad left a good job with the phone company. They moved because of family problems and also because of the allure of S Calif at that time. Dad struggled with several jobs before finally landing a job back at the phone company. Then we moved from Los Angeles to the suburbs of Pomona at the easternmost part of Los Angeles County. We all went to Catholic School and being young, I don't remember any prejudice towards newcomers. Pomona was agricultural but I think they were indeed experiencing the growth of the suburbs at the time. Calif in those days was such a beautiful state, had so many natural advantages, and a proud history of Father Junipero Serra having traveled El Camino Real to settle the native populations. That's all gone now. :oops:

Migration is indeed natural. People bubblegum, but nothing will change as it's been done thru all history of man.

but I guess Texas will be the only free state in the future.

Texas is turning purple/blue as the cancer in Austin spreads. Only the center states are safe, for now. :oops:

My folks moved from Connecticut in 1950 to S Calif... Los Angeles at first. Mom was from a dirt poor farming family. Dad left a good job with the phone company. They moved because of family problems and also because of the allure of S Calif at that time. Dad struggled with several jobs before finally landing a job back at the phone company. Then we moved from Los Angeles to the suburbs of Pomona at the easternmost part of Los Angeles County. We all went to Catholic School and being young, I don't remember any prejudice towards newcomers. Pomona was agricultural but I think they were indeed experiencing the growth of the suburbs at the time. Calif in those days was such a beautiful state, had so many natural advantages, and a proud history of Father Junipero Serra having traveled El Camino Real to settle the native populations. That's all gone now. :oops:

Geeze man....My dad moved from Bridgeport Connecticut to the LA are with his mother and two brothers when he was a young man. I don't know when for sure but he was born in 1920. I'd guess mid '30s. his birth father had died when he was young. I still have relatives related to Dad's half sister living in the LA area. It used to be such a beautiful place to visit when I was growing up. It would take a team of strong horses to get me to go to the LA area now. I'm thinking potland at rush hour X 100 with an extra large helping of filth and disgust on top.

Last Edited:
I hate Californians absolutely fooking hate every single one of you here in Idaho - don't tell me you're a conservative or gun guy or leaving a cesspool
I.
DON'T.
F'ING.
CARE
GET.
OUT!

I don't want you here.

This is a fairly short sighted attitude. People migrate. You should welcome every single RED pro-gun vote that comes. Because the left blue anti-gun votes are in fact coming to some extent and the red votes are needed badly.

This is a fairly short sighted attitude. People migrate. You should welcome every single RED pro-gun vote that comes. Because the left blue anti-gun votes are in fact coming to some extent and the red votes are needed badly.

This ^^ is true. There should be a test.

I still have relatives related to Dad's half sister living in the LA area. It used to be such a beautiful place to visit when I was growing up. It would take a team of strong horses to get me to go to the LA area now. I'm thinking potland at rush hour X 100 with an extra large helping of filth and disgust on top.

I have a brother in Pismo Beach, and my mom is in Santa Maria. Pismo is still small, but Santa Maria is looking more and more like L.A. every day... lot's of population change in the last 20yrs.

I was born in White Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles in 1952. My earliest memories of the city are of when we used to visit a family that befriended the folks when they moved there. It was a nice city then. Lots of palm trees and terra cota roofs. I worked at times in L.A. in 1970 and it was already changing. East L.A. and several cities east of that had dramatically changing demographics that I can't mention here. Suffice it to say that I needed a guardian whenever I went to lunch in E. L.A., Compton, Wilmington, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, etc. My brother and I both worked for the phone company and remember the Manson Family demonstrating outside the L.A. County Courthouse. Good times!!!

All this "hate" talk takes me back to my grandparents migration from the "dust-bowl" and depression era. They moved lock, stock & barrel from Oklahoma to California with dreams of putting down roots and thriving. My grandfather had about $30 in his pocket from selling off all he had to leave and head west. They stopped along the way and did odd jobs to buy fuel and groceries.
All I'm saying is Californians hated the "okies" coming in and ruining their state, so much so that signes were made and people refused to welcome them. Sound familiar?
People, regardless of ideology, will always seek to better their situation. My grandfather's father came over from Europe because of strife and economics. It's in our nature to move away from pain or discomfort.
Someone somewhere is benefiting from all of this. Bet on it. ;)

My family heritage is German and Italian farmers and god-knows-what Englishmen (probably heathens ;)). The German side got their start in Ohio and moved west. The Italian side made pretty much for Arizona right off the boat (never really understood why. But hey, Uberti and Pietta are the only ones really making old west guns, so maybe there's a historical/cultural fascination with the west that got its start in early 20th century Italy?)

Here's the difference between those folks and modern day CA -> ID: Money and Handouts.

In those days, you had the right to move wherever you could afford and make whatever you wanted of yourself. Pretty much everyone was poor and on equal footing.

Now, we're talking about a group of people that are making bank in California (not even the poor in California, the one's living paycheck to paycheck) but the one's truly making money...moving out to places like Idaho because they've managed to stock away a few hundred grand and can set themselves up for easy-street there.

Now, gentrification is tough and we all might feel a tinge of jealousy at our new neighbor. But we'd soon realize that hey, we had the opportunity to move to California and do as they did, and we didn't do it.

However, the problem lies in the fact that this new transplant comes with a political ideology and lifestyle accustomed to paying higher taxes and a system that offers more to those at the bottom and less to those in the middle and top. And so, all of a sudden, the middle of the road longstanding residents are now paying more in taxes for property, more in voted in taxes (state income, sales, etc), and receiving less benefit from the state than before.

I can fully see why those people wouldn't like the transplant, as it's those people's ideology that is lowering the real-world income that these people receive.

To me, that's simply not good manners. You don't go into another's neighborhood and then tell him how to landscape his yard. You definitely don't go into his neighborhood and then tell him he's got to pay the state extra for landscaping services.

Bottom line as I see it, is to get legislation in place to protect all the great things that Idaho is offering, now! Activate, promote, inspire people to take action. Do it now, or it will be too late. Just as it is here in Kate Brown's Liberal California suburb( Ore-gone). As a third generation Idahoan, I'm sick at heart to see this happening there.

I said this way back in the 80's, "California will one day be the extremely rich or the extremely poor."
Thanks to years of libtarded leadership and high taxes to pay for the homeless and their programs, Tent cities popped up and suddenly it became an issue. Squatters living along the river in dug-outs and feces, hypodermics and condoms lined our rivers and tax dollars had to be used to clean-up after the "homeless". Free housing wasn't good enough. Soon, the Bay Area was sending their homeless to the Central Valley via Greyhound. The silicon valley didn't want them defecating on their landscape so they shipped them off. The taxpayers forked out health cards, free food and shelter and the more they did, the more came.
So, now Calif is left with the masses who want out and are fleeing to other states to find affordable homes but it's driving the market up 19% in less than two years in ID. My house here in Or went from 247K to 350K in three years. Taxes jumped accordingly too. Funny, both CA & OR had a brother & sister as Governors during that time. What's the odds?o_O

Bottom line as I see it, is to get legislation in place to protect all the great things that Idaho is offering, now! Activate, promote, inspire people to take action. Do it now, or it will be too late. Just as it is here in Kate Brown's Liberal California suburb( Ore-gone). As a third generation Idahoan, I'm sick at heart to see this happening there.
So by that your first gen Grandparents should have been turned away too! Can't let in those outsiders!

So by that your first gen Grandparents should have been turned away too! Can't let in those outsiders!
This sort of statement really grinds my gears. Like someone sprayed WD-40 on 'em and left them exposed to a dust storm grinding.

No one is saying "No Migrants!" and looking to keep everyone out of their state. (Sort of like how many Republicans, including Trump, are not saying No Migrants).

What you've done is take a legitimate concern that people want to discuss (how the migration of wealthy Californians to more rural states has brought problems that need to be dealt with) and turned it into a xenophobic statement.

That's not how anything gets done and all it does is demonize those sitting across from you.

How about instead of putting words into other's mouths, we address the issue and discuss real potential solutions? My own contribution was a time restriction on registering to vote for new migrants across state lines (that could go well for any state) such that a large populace can get accustomed to a state and it's way of functioning before voting their beliefs.

My rationale for that is that it takes time for opinions to change. A California Democrat will start voting Democrat in Idaho on day 1. However, after living the Idahoan way of life for a time, they may change their opinions. Even if they don't, they'd be much more informed on the repercussions of their actions for everyone they now live with.

I posed a question against myself as to the legal standing of such a law and am interested in discussing at both a legal and ethical/philosophical level.

Or any other solutions that you may wish to discuss. But, I won't stand for simply demonizing of another's viewpoint...especially if it involves mischaracterizing that person or their idea.

Some interesting if very ill informed posts on this subject. Full disclosure, I moved to SW Idaho in July of 2015, from N. Calif. Now from what I read here some people will hate me just because of that fact. I was born in Oregon, Portland, but that was just where the hospital was located. Lived for thirteen years in a little sawmill town, my dad was a logger. We moved to far N. Calif in 1955. By far north, I mean the Klamath River, maybe ten to fifteen miles south of the Oregon state line. I lived in Calif for sixty years and eventually couldn't stand the politics, gun policies, traffic, and keeping up with two acres of land and a thirty five year old house.

I never lived in the god awful bay area, or Sacramento, or Los Angeles and wouldn't have wanted to. I moved to Idaho exactly because of what most people want here and don't want to change a single thing. Well, that's not exactly true, I don't like that a lot of old established roads are being closed off, but there are a lot of native Idahoans that feel the same way I do.

We sold our house and built one here. Our property wasn't located in Silicon Valley, or Los Angeles, so it wasn't worth a couple of million dollars. When you figure in all the maintenance, remodeling, etc over the years I doubt we really made a lot of money, but a new house here was cheaper to build than it would have been there mostly because of the cost of the lot.

When you read that about 80,000 people moved to Idaho in 2018, remember only about 21,000 came from California, a lot of those liberal thinkers came from elsewhere. I personally know three other couples who escaped from the once golden state to move here recently. None of them want what they got away from to happen here and they are quite vocal about it.

My message is to quit painting with a broad brush and welcome those who support keeping Idaho free.

I said this way back in the 80's, "California will one day be the extremely rich or the extremely poor."
Thanks to years of libtarded leadership and high taxes to pay for the homeless and their programs, Tent cities popped up and suddenly it became an issue. Squatters living along the river in dug-outs and feces, hypodermics and condoms lined our rivers and tax dollars had to be used to clean-up after the "homeless". Free housing wasn't good enough. Soon, the Bay Area was sending their homeless to the Central Valley via Greyhound. The silicon valley didn't want them defecating on their landscape so they shipped them off. The taxpayers forked out health cards, free food and shelter and the more they did, the more came.
So, now Calif is left with the masses who want out and are fleeing to other states to find affordable homes but it's driving the market up 19% in less than two years in ID. My house here in Or went from 247K to 350K in three years. Taxes jumped accordingly too. Funny, both CA & OR had a brother & sister as Governors during that time. What's the odds?o_O

Two words for ya:

GAVIN

NEWSOME

And I was reading where the new DA of SF is the son of two Weather Underground criminal radicals responsible for bombings and cop killing. His father is still in prison for the NY armored car robbery and murder of two cops and a security guard. His mom served 22 years.

"The people of San Francisco have sent a powerful and clear message: It's time for radical change to how we envision justice," Boudin said in a statement. "I'm humbled to be a part of this movement that is unwavering in its demand for transformation."

Sounds like Barry O has his hand up Boudin's keister and is speaking thru his mouth. Boudin has vowed not to prosecute such petty crimes as peeing, pooping, or shooting up in public. Yay! A win for civilization!!! /sarc

What is wrong with those people that voted him into office???

Last Edited:
Wait, for real? What were the names? I'd very much like to research this further...

AFAIK that is a Facephuck thing that has been debunked. Same "last" name, no relation.

I can look it up if somebody needs me to cite it, but I challenge anyone to prove me wrong! :p:D

Edit: "Kathleen" Brown is Jerry Brown's sister and the daughter of former gov Pat Brown. "Katherine" Brown is Oregon's gov.

Last Edited:
That's not true of all CA!

That's why in my original statement I said, "...if a non-native moves into the city in California..." Because I assume that the same small town mentality exists in some small California towns. However, the original subject of this post was about Boise, not a small town but with that attitude. Apparently.

However, the problem lies in the fact that this new transplant comes with a political ideology and lifestyle accustomed to paying higher taxes and a system that offers more to those at the bottom and less to those in the middle and top.

I'm thinking some transplants from Calif. who'd lived in their places a long time and were protected by Prop. 13 rules may have taken on HIGHER taxes by moving to Idaho, particularly if they bought a fancy home.

My guess is that transplants come with a wide range of political ideology. Because of the desire to escape from what California has become, there are bound to be some right thinkers in the bunch.

My experience is that some people are just born in the wrong place. Situational evolution notwithstanding. By that I mean by nature they were just not suited to fit in where they started out. Maybe born in LA, but never liked hot weather, crowds, the beach, drove an old pickup not a Benz, etc., but liked hunting, fishing, lots of green trees, didn't mind the rain.

On the Tucker Carlson show the DA in san fran also claims he won't prosecute criminal gangs as that would be racist....madness...a Mad Max world...well even more so than it already is...

On the Tucker Carlson show the DA in san fran also claims he won't prosecute criminal gangs as that would be racist....madness...a Mad Max world...well even more so than it already is...

They will go after white motorcycle gangs and have been more than ever . They seem to be very nickel/dime compared the the cartels that live in the sanctuary states :eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top