JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in OR but travel to WA and ID weekly. My OR CHL has me covered in ID, an ID CPL would cover WA. A WA permit would (obviously) also cover WA.
A UT permit would do the same.

Lots of people go for the UT permit.
A lot go for the easier WA permit.
What I never see is people going for the ID permit... why is that?

On a slightly different topic, I keep seeing this come up:
"You may carry a firearm in your vehicle inside the city limits or confines of a city, as long as it is in plain view, loaded or unloaded. But if you are going to conceal it, the firearm must be disassembled or unloaded."

WTF is THAT about? It's quoted directly from ID state law Concealed Weapons statutes and I've never seen it confirmed whether they're referring to permitless carry, non-residents, or if it even applies to me.

I'll probably have to call the sheriff's dept at some point, but I thought I'd start here.

Until Idaho created the "Idaho enhanced concealed weapons license" washington did not recognize the Idaho licence due to Idaho being able under state law to issue to a person under 21, ie they could issue to an individual as young as 18. The standard Idaho CWL "may" still be issued ti a person under 21 and is still nor recognized by washington.

With the creation of the enhanced license we no longer need to carry a second (UT) permit to cross the border into washington. The Idaho enhanced license is recognized by many states, the link shows what the combination of an Oregon permit AND a Idaho enhanced license provide coverage for.

Pertaining to the second question, some of the laws have changed recently with the passage of the constitutional carry ruling. My understanding is that many of the regulations in Idaho provide rights to residents of Idaho, I don't know what privileges are provided to non residents.

My suggestion would be to take an Idaho class and apply for an Idaho enhanced license or Utah instead of giving money to an anti gun government in olympia.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top