JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Caught wed at henry hagg, I'm guessing it's a rainbow?

DSCF1644.JPG

fairly bland to the taste, but for me that's better than a fish that is fish stinky... I tried lemon pepper, but probably some sweet and sour thai sauce would be better.

Looks like a holdover, noce catch!
You'll notice a difference in wild and hatchery rainbows in that the natural color of their flesh is pink.

I'm floundering for an answer and it would be a fluke if I guessed right but I'm going to say they're ocean fish... Just for the Halibut!!

IMO, trout are best cooked over an open fire either on a stick or laid directly on coals, turning once. Salt / pepper / any fish season to taste. eat directly out of skin which will crisp firm

second best is same seasoning above added to flour, trout dipped into egg bath then flour then fried in hot oil, turning once.

Tinfoil? I can't stand steamed trout turned-to-mush inside of tinfoil.... YMMV

eta: and wild are always way tastier than hatchery, although hatcherry after living wild a year or more will improve its taste.

Last Edited:
Caught wed at henry hagg, I'm guessing it's a rainbow?

View attachment 899550
Since I have caught thousands of rainbows, I am qualified to say - it's a rainbow.
Since it is most likely a plant, there are special precautions to cooking them, so they taste better. If interested in proper cooking technique, let me know, I will reply.
I will include pictures. I have caught 10+ pounders, and once a 27 incher!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top