JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First let me say that I disagree that a person cannot be a resident until they register to vote. What if a person decides note to vote and does not register to vote -- they cannot be a resident? When purchasing a firearm and getting a drivers license, no one has ever asked me if I had registered to vote. Registering to vote is only evidence of where one is domiciled.
As was pointed out, a non prohibited person does not need an ID or other state CCW to carry in ID. His problems have nothing to do with ID law. His problem is with his CA employer and for that he would need a CA lawyer.
Of course you can be a resident without being a voter. Millions of illegals have already done it. Please try to purchase a firearm in ID with a California drivers license. You can't. If you can't buy a gun there then you must not be a resident. Do you see my point? This person is seeking the benefits of living in your beautiful state without meeting any of the residency requirements.

It's not that hard....

00609371-A0FD-4AA2-91DF-0016EAF7BF1B.png

Am I a Resident of Oregon?
Do I stay in Oregon continuously for at least six months each year?​
Are my children in an Oregon public school where I don't pay nonresident tuition?​
Do I pay Oregon resident tuition at a public university or college?​
Have I declared myself a resident of Oregon to get a state license (other than an Oregon Driver License) at resident rates?​
Does my military record list Oregon as my home of record?​
Do I pay resident income taxes to the state of Oregon?​
Note: Owning property in Oregon doesn't necessarily mean that you are a resident of Oregon.​

Idaho Residency Status
Resident
If you:
Keep a home in Idaho for the entire tax year and spend more than 270 days of the year in Idaho; or
Are domiciled in Idaho for the entire tax year

You can buy a gun with an auto registration showing an Idaho residence. In order to get the truck registered, you have to show utility bills for 3-months if I remember correctly. Same goes for the Idaho DL.
The state of Idaho will most certainly issue a drivers license and registration of vehicles under the conditions that you have outlined. The original poster wants to keep his CA drivers license and the benefits of being a citizen of that state and ALSO have the benefits of being an ID citizen. As I've stated before, you can't have it both ways. As an aside, every citizen of this nation MUST also be a resident citizen of one of our 50 states or territories. Think about those implications.

The state of Idaho will most certainly issue a drivers license and registration of vehicles under the conditions that you have outlined. The original poster wants to keep his CA drivers license and the benefits of being a citizen of that state and ALSO have the benefits of being an ID citizen. As I've stated before, you can't have it both ways. As an aside, every citizen of this nation MUST also be a resident citizen of one of our 50 states or territories. Think about those implications.
What benefits of being a citizen of CA? I can only think of one possibility. I had to give up my CA CCW after I moved to ID.

Greetings all

I am going to be moving to Idaho soon and am looking to see if anyone could lend some knowledge regarding my situation. I am purchasing a house in Nampa, ID that will be my home/domicile but I will not be able to get an Idaho drivers license or ID card. This is due to the fact that I will still be working in California and need to maintain my Cali DL & Ambulance DL to remain employed. There is NO WAY AROUND this.......

Idaho Residency Status
Resident
If you:
Keep a home in Idaho for the entire tax year and spend more than 270 days of the year in Idaho; or
Are domiciled in Idaho for the entire tax year

^^^ This ^^^^
Paramoose... You must meet these requirements to be a resident, whether you own or rent. I too have purchased a home in Idaho that will be my full time residence. After much research the conclusion is what TDH has posted. Best of luck with your dilemma.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top