Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

id on ar barrel

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jaime, Sep 28, 2012.

1. jaime

jaime salem oregon New Member

lookin to figure out this barrel i have its a 16 inch 5.56 and the only thing marked on it is P F 1-7 5.56 NATO, please help im frustrated and cant figure it out thanks

2. xd45acp

xd45acp molalla Active Member

do you have a picture? what's the story behind it?

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Don't know the P F. Maybe Palmetto state armory and the f may be the barrel taper?
    The 1-7 is the twist and of course the 5.56 nato is the caliber

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Need pics of barrel. Alot of barrels will have the same "markings" or "numbers", alot of times only way to tell where from is some pics showing the text/location/etc

5. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

I believe the "P" is to designate that it has been proofed. I don't know what the "F" is (no pun intended). Other markings are the twist rate 1:7 and caliber 5.56.

6. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe forged?

7. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

What is the barrel profile?

8. jaime

its a standard profile with the cut out for the 203 where it goes skinny to normal before and after gas port hole. the markings are on the top front of the barrel a couple of inches fom the flash hider, sorry im trying to post pictures but havent figured out this web sight yet. thanks for all the help everyone. jaimes pics 002.jpg

jaimes pics 002.jpg

9. jaime

the guy i got it off trade said it was a rra unit when he bought it, its unfired and new with a quad rail ive never seen before and i know most all different types of rails and this one i have no clue of. the upper only has a square marking only and bolt has no markings jaimes pics 003.jpg

jaimes pics 003.jpg

10. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

The upper may be a Cerro Forge, not 100% on that. Not a bad looking hand guard, I don't normally see the "T" marking in the slots on the side rails.

I'll take it off your hands if you don't like it.

11. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Are there any markings near the chamber?

12. jaime

the upper is a brass aluminum forging ent. upper i found out, barrel and quadrail has got me stumped, i might be open to gettin ride of this upper for the right price or trade. i wouldnt mind a standard upper with the front post sight.
    and the only other marking on the upper is a 3 in the bottom of the take down slots