JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are engaging the bad guys, and have victims/bystanders that you are protecting, it would be a good idea to have them call 911 and keep the dispatchers up to date on what was happening. The dispatchers should (!) be communicating with the LEO's and make them aware that a CPL was engaging the bad guys.

If you are on your own, calling 911 and getting an answer, then telling them that you are busy, but will keep the line open will both let LEO's know that you are engaging the bad guys and provide a record of what is going on. If you get to update your situation report, so much the better.

I doubt that any 911 operator will hang up on you if you say you are engaging the bad guys, followed by sounds of gunfire. But it could happen. :rolleyes:

If at all possible, have someone call 911 and inform them of who you are, what you are doing and what you are wearing/description. Dispatch notifies responding officers. If I made entry and saw someone matching that description, I would likely be at low ready and would ask you your name to see if it matched the name given to dispatch.

Having a gun pointed at you is a form of detention and/or coercion and is a use of force. I would not come out of low ready if you responded to my questions because I have no reason to coerce you.

One thing that is really hard to get through officer's heads is that wherever you point a gun stands the risk of being shot (duh). We used to train to scan and assess for threats with the firearm moving with your head. We are changing to staying at low ready and scanning with the head and then orienting to the threat. This keeps your armor facing a threat and prevents unnecessary uses of force or coercion.

Draw your gun, engage the terrorist bunghole who has decided to choose you as their executioner and shoot them to the ground. Ensure they are down (this is important in the era of suicide bombers and explosive vests)

Scan for the second man (there always is one). They may be the one in charge of detonating the 1st bad guy. Engage him as well. Ensure they are down/ineffective.

Reload (you will need to) and scan for additional bad guys. Scan to see if you are hit. If you are, address that issue by triaging yourself.

Don't call 911. The 629 (+/-) people standing around you at the mall/school/concert/Timbers-Trailblazers Game or wherever you are at who have decided to be sheep will do all of the calling for help. There will someone there with a running commentary to dispatch about what is going on. Your brain will be unable to communicate what is going on while engaging bad guys.

You should be shooting, moving, assessing and reloading; not talking. When it is safe to do so, holster your weapons.

LEOs will arrive after it is all done (3 to 10 minutes on average). You are not required to talk to the police, and I would recommend that you don't. Let them get their information from the 629 witnesses and their iPhone video and the 40 plus cameras that are probably around where this happened.

Wear a white cowboy hat, CCW should be a 1911 or yank an AR pistol out of your back pack, be wearin' some sort of "Merica" t-shirt or Hawaiian shirt.

All joking aside...the variables are damn near endless....so responses need to be too. Situational Awareness of possible bad guys and the way they behave....Will they really be in "black uniforms" with AKs? Is that a suicide vest or are they just glad to see you? Or will they simply look foreign, nervous and like ducks out of water? What looks out of place...someone carrying a gym bag that looks damn heavy and the closest gym is NOT walking distance.... personally, I live in the ding toolies and have no plans to hang out in the big cities. But I don't leave the rock armed like a parisian....and more practice is now a priority where a week ago it was "sure would be nice".

Also look around for possible allies...does some portly white guy 40-70 or so got an odd bulge on his hip??? Another guy wearing a gunnworn vest, Another guy with a vet hat and even at 80 looks like he never took chit from no man except one whose first name was "Gunny", obvious biker dude with legit tats....or a 30 something with a sleeve or two of military tats...

The more time you have to analyze a possible threat and your best response the better IMHO...
Heck if you got a LEO friend ask him what he thinks you should do? Surely they (the LEOs) must now be thinking many Americans are not going to stand idly by waiting for the 7.62x39 with their first and last name on it.... my two cents. Act...with extreme prejudice.

Brutus Out

When the cavalry finally arrives they aren't expecting anyone but bad guys to be visibly armed. They've been adrenaline flooded for while before they breached the door and will be looking for targets not allies. Simply put...
...These guys are hammers and everythings going to look like nails to them.

It's now a good time to get small..sit or lay down, holster or pocket you weapon and act like a survivor...you're job was to defend you and yours and make it home.

Stay away from crowds, especially this Holliday Season, through Black-Sunday/Monday. Nothing in those stores is worth your loved one's lives

This is the exact result the terrorist seek. They know they can not defeat us on a battlefield. Their tactics are designed to destroy our economy. They want us to cower in fear and not go out shopping or to events. I will do my Christmas shopping and they won't stop me.

I guess you've never heard of the internet and shopping by same? This is Obama's Last Christmass in office, you know he want's to paint the nation RED:confused:
But hey; your the one in the Sanctuary City that has had several Islamo Terrorist cases (since 2008). Be my guest

View attachment 264257

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top