JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Da Grove has a dusting of white on the ground, not even enough to cover our lawn yet. Lots of green still showing. Dandruffy snow wafting about. Pretty sure the world is about to end! Oh noez! :D

Of course I'll probably wake up to 6 inches of ice with another 6 of snow atop that, because I'm making fun of the snow-goddess and her inability to really douche us.

Maybe, just maybe, this will keep the idiots off the roads this time? Nah, people are in general too stupid. There's probably half a million people on the roads right now deciding it's the perfect time to go to Ross to get that bikini and flip flops right now, in their V6 mustang with bald tires...:cool:

Same here west of Olympia, just a dusting and now raining. Back to usual...... the boat ramps won't be slippery.....YEA!!!!!!:p

Too noisy!

Not really, I live in inner NE PDX. Near the airport, the East/West rail tracks (we hear the horns not the trains) and, of course, traffic.
Crows aren't a big issue. Also, I'm a birder and crows are very cool, intelligent animals! I always remember that they're full name is American Crow, they were here first! Now, I have nothing at all against protecting your crops and game birds! Perfectly alright! Here in town I couldn't do anything about it anyway! :)

Not really, I live in inner NE PDX. Near the airport, the East/West rail tracks (we hear the horns not the trains) and, of course, traffic.
Crows aren't a big issue. Also, I'm a birder and crows are very cool, intelligent animals! I always remember that they're full name is American Crow, they were here first! Now, I have nothing at all against protecting your crops and game birds! Perfectly alright! Here in town I couldn't do anything about it anyway! :)

I have friends that are birdwatchers, same thing as birders? They are soooo embarrassing!;)

I am sorry for where you live. Many good wishes that you can get to Gods country someday. :p

PS having lived near tracks I know we don't hear the train horns after some time there.

Oh man I am jonesing for some river salmon or steelhead fishing. I miss my drift boat and the Chetco, Illinois, Rogue, and Umqua. :(

I miss mine too, it was named Misguided.... I fished the Green, Puyallup, Nisqually, Snohomish, Stilly & the Skagit back in the day.

FB_IMG_1471821131714.jpg

Last Edited:
I miss mine too, it was named Misguided.... I fished the Green, Puyallup, Nisqually, Snohomish, Stilly & the Skagit back in the day.

Soooo, are you bank fishing now?

Then: My Da on the Chetco backbouncing a good hole.
Photos&Scans 492.jpg

Success!
Photos&Scans 493.jpg

With my bro and his son on Wallowa Lake
Photos&Scans 721.jpg

On the Illinois with my folks.
Photos&Scans 689.jpg

Now:
Photos&Scans 423.jpg

Bank fishing the Winchuck with a Jed Davis homemade spinner and 8.5' steelhead rod with 12# test. Glory days!! Still had dark hair about 1989. 180lbs instead of 230lbs now.
Photos&Scans 369.jpg

We have had steady rain and our county is on flood watch. These are the perfect conditions for a flash flood and a similar situation is what caused the Heppner Flood of 1903.

Snowing hard. Went outside to do some clearing before it gets worse... got the back patio so the dog can do it's biz. Got the front walk and deck so the paramedics can get in after I have my heart attack from trying to dig out the 4' tall drift in the driveway. My Toyota Highlander with studded tires is going to be stuck in the garage but I might could dig out the truck on the side of the driveway. City just came by and cleared the neighborhood roads but it won't be of much use to me.

Wife is very very worried about flooding when it warms up. It's happened here before!

SW Oregon. Moderate steady cold rain. Snow on roof melting fine. No where close to overloading the HD roof and trusses. Another storm tonight/tomorrow, Sun and Mon, 8 & 9 January, 2017 above 3000 feet.

We are at 1500 feet. Will see. Sometimes we get the expansion cooling. If no more snow tonight will try to get to Cave Junction Oregon tomorrow. Bills to pay. Running out of bird peanuts. But ... if nasty? No go.

Yep ... conditions are like the big flood back in the 1968 or so? Sawyers Flat became Lake Sawyers. But perhaps too cold for that to happen? Will see. Now snow bound for 8 days. Getting a little bit old. Yikes!

Coffee nudge time:

1 jigger Brandy or whiskey(if you must), 1/2 of coffee liqueur, 1/2 of Creme de Cocoa, fill with coffee, add 1 dollop of whipped creme.

After two of these I am warm but I can't see straight!!:rolleyes:

Soooo, are you bank fishing now?

Then: My Da on the Chetco backbouncing a good hole.
View attachment 333954

Success!
View attachment 333955

With my bro and his son on Wallowa Lake
View attachment 333956

On the Illinois with my folks.
View attachment 333957

Now:
View attachment 333958

Bank fishing the Winchuck with a Jed Davis homemade spinner and 8.5' steelhead rod with 12# test. Glory days!! Still had dark hair about 1989. 180lbs instead of 230lbs now.
View attachment 333960

I have had a sled for about 12 years & rarely bank fish anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top