JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, we now have about 1/8" coating of ice on everything including our east facing windows, and it's only been coming down for about 20-minutes. This just might get a bit messy. :eek::)

Woke up this morning to no overnight freeze, which was good. Decided since NWS was still calling for ice about 8am to sweep the driveway. The wind had done most of the work for me, we had about 1/4 inch.
Did that, came back inside to tell my still snoozing wife I was going to Home Depot before it got bad... went back outside ~10 minutes later after a cup of coffee to find the truck frozen over and the driveway slippery.... deciding I went! Now it's time to settle in and fight the urge to buy more stuff as I watch football all day.

1/4in of snow with a glazing of ice here in North Plains...raining now, kinda maybe seems to be melting.....not nearly as bad as they predicted

Mr Buddy brand heater! Can find them on the Craigslist every once in a while at half price.

Perfectly fine to use indoors with the 1 pound canisters, or run a line outdoors to a 5/20/35 lb tank.

Well......... I have a biggish detached garage with loft, metal walls and roof, no insulation. I own several heaters, kerosene, propane radiant and propane 4 panel ceramic. Maybe if get them going on all four sides, from above, and one for my feet, I could be warm standing at the reload bench. ;)

All hwys in Union County closed. 2' drift at my door. Driveway drifted in even worse than yesterday. Winds at 20mph. Snowing again. Forecast for more during the week. I may run out of brandy, rum, jack, etc, cuz I'm stayin inside!!

I went out this morning and refilled all the bird feeders. We don't get a lot of hummers so I haven't refilled that one yet. Only real problem is about 5 minutes after I put out the suet, a bunch of damn starlings showed up and started tearing it apart. I wish my wife and daughter would let me deal with them properly - damn invasive and destructive rats. I could easily pick them off with a pellet rifle but the wife and daughter won't do anything but give me grief if I do - so I'm left to only plink at them with an airsoft gun to try and scare them off - they never stay gone for long.

"Starling" = flying RAT! They're smart like crows. The slightest movement and their gone. If you feed suet get one of the feeders at the Backyard Bird Shop that holds two cakes and has the cage around it. I've had mine for 15 years. The starlings can still get in to it a bit so I'll put a little chicken wire where they can reach from for awhile. They seem to go elsewhere in the spring.

31 years as a Bookkeeper at Albertsons and now Safeway. So basically she's the one in the store that knows everything.

Your wife sounds like mine! SOM at Albertson's, and has been book keeper/back-up book keeper. We live across the street from the store though, so all she needs in this mess is the boots I modified with screws with the head sharpened a bit and taped into the cleats so the heads bite the ice just the right amount.

PM coming to you Mark.

Pics to follow shortly hopefully.... Apparently oncoming vehicle speeding and lost it around a curve....

Pics are a good thing, as most of us are probably just sitting around watching tv. and looking at our computers. :eek:.. I thought about going yote hunting or working in the garage, but the visibility here isn't good with the snow falling and it's too cold in the garage...:D 24 here in The Dalles right now with steady snow...

Here's one looking out the window of the house. Kind of pretty out there:
IMG_0944_zpsbef3kehb.jpg

Last Edited:
Pics are a good thing, as most of us are probably just sitting around watching tv. and looking at our computers. :eek:.. I thought about going yote hunting or working in the garage, but the visibility here isn't good with the snow falling and it's too cold in the garage...:D 24 here in The Dalles right now with steady snow...

Well here's 1...... Screenshot_2017-01-08-12-14-46.png

Looks like it put a nasty scratch on that auger scoop blade.

Yeah it jacked it up. If you zoom in you can see the foot is bent back. Apparently the plow is twisted also. Only time will tell, I'm not at work so I don't know exactly. My buddy is keeping us up to date....

Well it's snowing hard here! Maybe there is something to the weather casters this time. The wind has been laying the bamboo horizontal all morning, and the bird feeders (some of them heavy) are bouncing so much that the birds won't approach them!
Got the flashlights, battery to power the C-PAP, emergency radio and crampons out and organized.
We roasted a chicken and made a huge pot of chili with a double batch of cornbread last night, so no cooking necessary for a while.
The Weather Service just kicked the phones on with a "Heavy precipitation is spotted in your area!"report!
They say that at our location there could be 3/4" of ice on the wires and ground! Whoo Hoo!:D

Hmmmmmm, chili n cornbread? I'll be right down Brother.....
Caveman loves him some cornbread n chili......mmmmmmmmm;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top