JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only thing I don't like about our Mr Buddy heater is the fact that they need D batteries for the fan. Are they safe to run without the fan running?

Perfectly safe. Have a big buddy going in the living room without the internal fan on, and the little buddies don't even have one.

Mind that you get much better area heating with a small fan, or the buddies fan going. Because without one, the heat pretty much goes straight up, or you get the IR heat if you stand near it.

Yeah, keeping the Hummers alive is a sacred duty in winter storms!:) We have 4-5 bottles ready and switch them out a couple times a day.

We have a large population of Crows in the area, and this morning I was enjoying watching the wind blowing them a couple of feet, East to West! They looked startled! :D

I went out this morning and refilled all the bird feeders. We don't get a lot of hummers so I haven't refilled that one yet. Only real problem is about 5 minutes after I put out the suet, a bunch of damn starlings showed up and started tearing it apart. I wish my wife and daughter would let me deal with them properly - damn invasive and destructive rats. I could easily pick them off with a pellet rifle but the wife and daughter won't do anything but give me grief if I do - so I'm left to only plink at them with an airsoft gun to try and scare them off - they never stay gone for long.

Wife puts out the hummingbird feeders at 7 am, and puts a light on them to keep them unfrozen during the day,and she has a heated water dish for all the birds. 80 pounds of black oil sunflowers seed today, and she will probably make the chickens a warm oat mash of some kind before sundown.

The crows stay away because I will feed them some # 7 since they wipe out the pheasant and quail nests every spring. They have great institutional memory and if they see me and my black Remington stick of death outside they steer way out of range.

We have about two inches of snow on our deck and it doesn't look like it is going to stop snowing anytime soon.
Safeway looked like Armageddon had taken place as a lot of shelves were cleaned out and checkout lines were packed.

Looks like KOIN and KGW are running there nonstop STORMTRACKER coverage. That has to make it an official Snowmageddon. I like how they report ODOT asks for people to stay off the roads, yet they are out driving around to film it.

Looks like KOIN and KGW are running there nonstop STORMTRACKER coverage. That has to make it an official Snowmageddon. I like how they report ODOT asks for people to stay off the roads, yet they are out driving around to film it.

Todd, don't apply logic to these things - it's the Snowpocalypse we're talking about! And besides, they have to have something for the junior reporters to do. I think standing outside, observing snow flakes, high winds, heavy rains, or otherwise punishing weather is mandatory for all n00b journalists, or those that have fallen from grace. Those reporters were the ones too stupid to go into radio, where they could report such things from the comfort of a warm, climate controlled studio in between shots of Jack and Coke :p

Todd, don't apply logic to these things - it's the Snowpocalypse we're talking about! And besides, they have to have something for the junior reporters to do. I think standing outside, observing snow flakes, high winds, heavy rains, or otherwise punishing weather is mandatory for all n00b journalists, or those that have fallen from grace. Those reporters were the ones too stupid to go into radio, where they could report such things from the comfort of a warm, climate controlled studio in between shots of Jack and Coke :p
The Jack and Coke would make the news more entertaining....

Perfectly safe. Have a big buddy going in the living room without the internal fan on, and the little buddies don't even have one.

Mind that you get much better area heating with a small fan, or the buddies fan going. Because without one, the heat pretty much goes straight up, or you get the IR heat if you stand near it.

Agreed. I use a Big Buddy to heat my garage. Perfectly safe and the fan heats it up so much faster. It just circulates the BTU's.

You can get the AC wall adapter to eliminate batteries. Convo me if you need one ;)

And to follow up, I use 20lb cylinders sitting about 16" behind the Big Buddy. In the garage. Perfectly safe. And warm!

That sucks, Mark! Hope she has no trouble at all!
:D

OH no not my wife. She texts me at FRECKIN 1:00PM and says "HEADED" she didn't leave work until the end of her shift. And luckily made it home a 35 min drive took her a full hour and a half.

She thinks she's heading in tomorrow BULL she won't make it off the street in front of the house.

WOMEN!!!

Been 0 to 15 degrees here for the last 2 weeks. Heard snow was coming, threw the dog in the pick-up this morning at daylight and came home with 5 mallards and a honker. Cold, wet, tired, pissed off wife, happy dog, gonna go talk to my friend "jack" about this.:s0121:

OH no not my wife. She texts me at FRECKIN 1:00PM and says "HEADED" she didn't leave work until the end of her shift. And luckily made it home a 35 min drive took her a full hour and a half.

She thinks she's heading in tomorrow BULL she won't make it off the street in front of the house.

WOMEN!!!
Unless she is a Nurse or a BiMart employee, I cannot comprehend that dedication :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top