JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WX update. Temperature forecast I see for today only dips to mid-30s. So we'll probably avoid this week's ice age.

Glad I made a huge batch of salsa last night (it's way better on day-two). I can fill a couple growlers on the way to a party. It's an annual family/friends shindig based on some sporting event I care little about.

This kinda bums me out. I was hoping to see a complete meltdown of Portland once the snow hit and the BIG GAME today.....guess I'll just have to keep on keepin on......Drinkin beer and playing poker....meh....

Last Edited:
I have seen tiger musky the size of a large man's leg. When I was a kid we would go up to the Goliath river in Nipigon Canada. They had the largest pike and Musky's I have ever seen. It has been rumored that a full size.
Musky will eat a duck. My mom had one on her line that looked like a fence post. She thought she had a snag until it finally started moving.

A friend of mine's girlfriend caught a 6 foot tiger muskie in the big dam lake on the Cowlitz, Mayfield. Was a Washington record at least and maybe more.

Brutus Out

Huge-a$$ snowflakes pouring down on a hill in Forest Grove right now and sticking in the form of wet slop. Forecast still says no lower than 36 degrees for FG or Portland through midnight. Looks like I'll be attending a party after all.

Just so I'm up to speed on all the sports chatter when I get there, this is the brown ball with pointy ends, right?

Huge-a$$ snowflakes pouring down on a hill in Forest Grove right now and sticking in the form of wet slop. Forecast still says no lower than 36 degrees for FG or Portland through midnight. Looks like I'll be attending a party after all.

Just so I'm up to speed on all the sports chatter when I get there, this is the brown ball with pointy ends, right?

Are they still saying Portland is going to get hit late tonight and into tomorrow morning?

yeah and when they catch it or make it across that line they think it justifies smacking another man on the a$$, never have figured that one out.:)

LOL - I cannot count how many customers today asked if I minded working on super bowl sunday. One seemed to have a hard time fathoming that I'm in no way shape or form a football fan. He seemed to look at me like I was from Mars after that and didn't know what to say, which was fine with me.

Anytime my wife starts talking about it, I refer to it like Bobby Buchet's mom in Waterboy - I call it "Foos Ball" and say its the Debil's Game, which usually shuts her up :D

YAY!!! Is that the ONE advantage to your move South? Gotta say though, 61 and no rain/snow/sleet/ice/Eastwind sounds really good about now!

65 on Sunday as I ride my new to me motorcycle back from Tacoma, WA this weekend.

Anyone in Sutherlin up for a beer or dinner Saturday night let me know. I decided it would be prudent to ride to there and overnight to get me in the Siskiyous during the warmest part of the day.

Brutus Out

Well back to school today after a week off ... Its been in the upper 30's / not quite 40 degrees all weekend.
The snow is on its way out.
So away I go ....
The snow , ice and drifts were bad out my way.
We had snow drifts as high as the roof of my school. :eek:
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews