JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i think i will find out if taking an LR308 apart is much different than an ar15 type rifle today. looking like a good way to stay busy inside.

In my part of east Gresham, we've got 20 degrees on our digital temp, a dusting of snow/pellets, and the active snowing has stopped. Even the dogs are seeming to want to hold it in a little longer rather than go out in that blowing.

Windy with small flakes. The wife and I did our Sunday Albertsons trip early this morning. I secured tarps over both rigs to help ease the frustration caused by freezing rain later. Nothing like an emergency and the rig is frozen solid. Stay safe everyone.

mix 2 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part water in a spray bottle. it deices it quick.

We haven't seen the ground for weeks. Driveway is drifted in cuz I can't get with it anymore. Snowing lightly but supposed to get serious this PM and snow for days. My garage is not heated so I can't go putter. My *ss is getting sore from all the TV/reading/internet. I love winter... NOT! Hoping my financial and medical situations allow for going south next year!!!!!!!!!!

It's 1:11 and I'm still not impressed. But then again I'm down low. Bring it on! It's sat. and I don't have to be anywhere, I want some snow.

The little green male hummingbird in my back yard is flying sideways in the East wind today.
Really funny watching him navigate the gusts as he's heading to the feeder.
At first light he's waiting for me to bring out the feeder, and twice a day I have to warm it up to keep it from freezing.

The little green male hummingbird in my back yard is flying sideways in the East wind today.
Really funny watching him navigate the gusts as he's heading to the feeder.
At first light he's waiting for me to bring out the feeder, and twice a day I have to warm it up to keep it from freezing.

My wife stopped feeding them last month so that they would get their little butts on the path south!!!

We still have ice and snow on the ground, but true rain is coming down at the moment, so it will melt then freeze. I did warn my geography class that this is the type of weather that causes flash floods, so be careful out there.

I'm a teacher and I am getting tired of losing days. Know why? Because they'll be adding those days to the end of the year, unpaid. And who wants to trade a snowy freezing day for a sunny warm day?

That's why I love teaching in a small town. The last time this happen they changed an in-service, non-contact day into regular school and the snow day to a non-contact. I they have since added contact hours, so there has been no talk of having to add days so far. Although at the jr/sr high school we were sent home for no power, so that may have to be taken into consideration.

Of course I'll probably wake up to 6 inches of ice with another 6 of snow atop that, because I'm making fun of the snow-goddess and her inability to really douche us.

LOL, you got to watch out for her. One of our English teachers had all her students do a snow dance and we didn't have school the next day and a two hour delay the day after.

Great subject. Great because in the 29 years now that I have lived and breathed in SW OR USA, never seen it sosss bad. Still snowed in. One week now. Last night another 3 inches. Now freezing rain. Water dripping off the roof. Ice everywhere. SUVs stuck hard.

But ... such is life. Lots of wood. Propane lighting. Big UPS. Pantry full including a thoughtful case of good wine. Several bottles of good hooch. Warm and dry. We got 24" last week. 1500 feet. 40 miles from Pacific. About 43N, 123W. Kinda. Not cold. Will advise. That is all. :)

Yeah, keeping the Hummers alive is a sacred duty in winter storms!:) We have 4-5 bottles ready and switch them out a couple times a day.

We have a large population of Crows in the area, and this morning I was enjoying watching the wind blowing them a couple of feet, East to West! They looked startled! :D

Last Edited:
...garage is not heated so I can't go putter. My *ss is getting sore from all the TV/reading/internet. I love winter... NOT!...

Mr Buddy brand heater! Can find them on the Craigslist every once in a while at half price.

Perfectly fine to use indoors with the 1 pound canisters, or run a line outdoors to a 5/20/35 lb tank.

The crows and ravens are getting hungry. Now hanging around with loud cries demanding their handouts. Seems their favorite is unsalted peanuts. Getting very tame. A big black one is getting bold. We might get him eating out of our hand. Cool birds. Smarter than I am. :)

The small farm we have a lot of rabbits ( 15 or so ) that were released by the previous owner. We feed them carrots all year round.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top