JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love ice cream but I'm starting to think that I might have developed lactose intolerance. Lots of gastric distress when I eat dairy. I may never get to enjoy it again :(.

Goat cheese ice cream?! Screw that!!! Goat cheese is nasty as camel toes toes
Trust me I was a skeptic, but sampled every one of their flavors. It was freaking good. No flavor I've ever tasted before. Practically licked the cup clean. Thought about going back for more.

That sucks @wired. Have you tried lactaid? I have a slight intolerance but it's not gastric at least. If I have too much dairy I get a lot of mucus build up. I just limit my dairy and treat myself sometimes with no problems.

Diarrhea, cramping, bloating, massive flatulence etc. You know, chicks dig it stuff . Powered through it for a few years but I'm getting tired of the effects.

Diarrhea, cramping, bloating, massive flatulence etc. You know, chicks dig it stuff . Powered through it for a few years but I'm getting tired of the effects.

They have over the counter pills you can pop that help with lactose intolerance. No experience with, so dunno wether they work well or not.

Might be worth a trial?

Worst ice cream ever is Oregon's own Lochmead. Their milk is okay, but I don't think they have the idea that when you advertise anything with chocolate in it, you are supposed to put some chocolate in it. Forced to buy a gallon of their chocolate chip mint as it was the only thing Dairy Mart had and I had orders from the wife. There was a total of one chocolate chip in the whole gallon and it was the size of an M&M. Their chocolate milk is just as bad. You have to use your imagination to get the slightest suggestion of chocolate. If you work for Lochmead kick your management in the rear. If you are management, google chocolate.

I love ice cream but I'm starting to think that I might have developed lactose intolerance. Lots of gastric distress when I eat dairy. I may never get to enjoy it again :(.
Lactaid use to help me, but stopped working for the most part. I havent tried their or any of the other specialty ice creams to see if it helps. However, I have found that Umpqua Dairy frozen yogurt doesnt have nearly as much of an effect as their ice cream does. Dony know why, but that may be something to consider trying.
Whats worse for me is that I also have a gastro intolerance to wheat gluten. Never knew about either until I was in my 20s. Regularly in military hospitals as a kid with gastro distress and pain, docs always told me and my parents that it was just in my head and I was just trying to get out of school. Turns out, my breakfast of Frosted Mini Wheats really was trying to turn my guts inside out.

Safeway Select is the best that I've had in a long while. Really like their rocky road and their French vanilla is great with pie or toasted zucchini bread.

I love ice cream but have cut way back in recent years. It's time to get serious about watching my health. I just can't eat like I used to.

My wife has a good recipe for homemade ice cream, and we've got a secret ingredient that makes it extra good. Ever hear of five minute ice cream? Liquid nitrogen is -320°F. The rapid freezing makes for some really smooth ice cream.

My favorite is fresh strawberries or blackberries right off the vine. Chop or blend the berries, let them chill in the ice cream mix in the fridge overnight, then whip up some 5 minute ice cream in the mixer; it's hard to beat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top