JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only criminals follow the laws. Everyone knows that, it's common sense.

On another note, I didn't realize that it had to go on the ffl's books. So it's not just the 10-15 dollar background fee but their entire 30-40 fee? Is that correct?

Only criminals follow the laws. Everyone knows that, it's common sense.

On another note, I didn't realize that it had to go on the ffl's books. So it's not just the 10-15 dollar background fee but their entire 30-40 fee? Is that correct?

Yes, but Washington doesn't charge for a BGC.

Wa State gets the records of all handgun purchased in the state. I think the records are with the department of licensing here. The FFLs have to send them the information in a few days. :(

Wa State gets the records of all handgun purchased in the state. I think the records are with the department of licensing here. The FFLs have to send them the information in a few days. :(

... And then the DoL hands total access of their database over to the WSP, who in turn allows 24/7/365 access to every LE agency in the state:

"...The firearms program provides local law enforcement agencies with the information they need to assure that licenses are issued only to individuals who are eligible under state law to possess firearms.It is vitally important that this information be accurate and kept up to date for use by law enforcement to investigate criminal activity, and to arrest and prosecute individuals who violate state and federal laws using a firearm.

This program area receives more than 50,000 concealed pistol licenses, 50,000 handgun transfers, and 600 firearm dealer licenses annually. These documents are reviewed for accuracy and completeness and the information is entered into the computer database. DOL annually records over 35,000 conviction documents and involuntary mental health commitment notices when the courts have removed an individual's firearm possession rights. This information is maintained in the firearms database, which is made available to law enforcement agencies through the Washington State Patrol, which allows 24 hour per day access to the records.The available recorded information has been enhanced with the migration from the Unisys mainframe system to a server based data system, which came online in March 2004. ..." -- it used to be found at <broken link removed>
but now is at http://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazona...tee/Materials/Regarding Agenda 6_firearms.doc

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top