JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am 19 and want to build an ak-74 from a blank childers reciever. is this a felony? is my possession a felony? worried about doing anything that might put my dog in danger of the atf. thanks in advance.

Possession of a "semiautomatic assault rifle" is not illegal, under certain circumstances:

I-1639 said:
(3) Except in the places and situations identified in RCW 9.41.042 (1) through (9) and 9.41.060 (1) through (10), a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a semiautomatic assault rifle only:

(a) In the person's place of abode;

(b) At the person's fixed place of business;

(c) On real property under his or her control; or

(d) For the specific purpose of (i) moving to a new place of abode; (ii) traveling between the person's place of abode and real property under his or her control; or (iii) selling or transferring the firearm in accordance with the requirements of this chapter; provided that in all of these situations the semiautomatic assault rifle is unloaded and either in secure gun storage or secured with a trigger lock or similar device that is designed to prevent the unauthorized use or discharge of the firearm.

There is nothing in I-1639 about building your own rifle.

Ray

I am 19 and want to build an ak-74 from a blank childers reciever. is this a felony? is my possession a felony? worried about doing anything that might put my dog in danger of the atf. thanks in advance.

1639 and the enforcement of said state law have nothing to do with the ATF.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top