JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was just thru the bi-mart earlier today and seen a note on the shelf that said effective july 1st Oregon will not allow sales of firearms to Washington state residents.

Just passing this along

This does make sense since 1639 does not affect bolt rifles, lever rifles, single shot rifles, or any shotguns. Which for the most part is what bi-mart primarily sells.

I stopped shopping there when they decided to raise their ammo and firearm purchasing age to 21 regardless of laws.

Bubblegum bi-mart

I mailed them the shredded pieces of my card with a letter explaining how they just lost a 3rd generation customer, considering it was getting annoying they were still sending a coupon book to my Grandfather who died in 1988, I am glad to be rid of those traitors.

Just wondering why the anger at Bi-Mart for WA I1639? It's a business decision that makes it simpler for their minimum wage employees, no complex if-then-else algorithms... Perhaps they'll see a decline in their sales and rethink the process, perhaps not...

Why'd Washingtonians allow I1639 to become law?

Just wondering why the anger at Bi-Mart for WA I1639? It's a business decision that makes it simpler for their minimum wage employees, no complex if-then-else algorithms... Perhaps they'll see a decline in their sales and rethink the process, perhaps not...

I dropped Bi-mart when they raised their age to purchase a fiream to 21, which since your an Oregonian you should know is a violation of Civil Rights.

Probably for the same reason Oregon voted Kate brown into office.
People are tools.

I dropped Bi-mart when they raised their age to purchase a fiream to 21, which since your an Oregonian you should know is a violation of Civil Rights.
Well aware of that, but it's a business decision, just like Dick's getting out of the gun and shooting supply business. Fortunately enough this is still America and business are free to choose their business model and consumers are free to shop there or not, right?

Well aware of that, but it's a business decision, just like Dick's getting out of the gun and shooting supply business. Fortunately enough this is still America and business are free to choose their business model and consumers are free to shop there or not, right?
Plenty of anger has been directed at Dick's and Walmart. BiMart has, for reasons beyond my understanding, escaped this anger for adopting similar policies regarding raising the age to purchase ammo and firearms to 21 and to quit selling "evil" firearms.

Unlike Dick's, Walmart and Bi-Mart are not (as far as I know) using part of the money you give them to actively lobby for gun control.

Who wins when Walmart and Bi-Mart eventually decide it's no longer worth selling firearms, ammo and accessories? When enticing images of racks of firearms for sale, and the feeling that the ability to purchase them is still within easy reach, vanish from the public consciousness?

Let them know you're unhappy, but if they're not actively trying to take away your rights (like Dick's), don't stop doing business with them.

Soooo....clerks are supposed to know the nuance of laws, AND keep the lawyers at bay ?

Anybody that wants to tread that path is an idiot, even though 3 years and 5 million dollars later, you might be proven legally correct.

Unlike Dick's, Walmart and Bi-Mart are not (as far as I know) using part of the money you give them to actively lobby for gun control.

Who wins when Walmart and Bi-Mart eventually decide it's no longer worth selling firearms, ammo and accessories? When enticing images of racks of firearms for sale, and the feeling that the ability to purchase them is still within easy reach, vanish from the public consciousness?

Let them know you're unhappy, but if they're not actively trying to take away your rights (like Dick's), don't stop doing business with them.
Sorry not going to happen. My daughter turned 18 in February....Im not going to actively participate economcially supporting any organization working to curtail my own bloods codified inalienable Rights.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads