JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This does make sense since 1639 does not affect bolt rifles, lever rifles, single shot rifles, or any shotguns. Which for the most part is what bi-mart primarily sells.

I stopped shopping there when they decided to raise their ammo and firearm purchasing age to 21 regardless of laws.

Bubblegum bi-mart
Rather shortsighted response IMO
BiMart does not want to deal with the idiotic WA State politics and decided to not deal with the nuances of the law. Idaho BiMart has done the same as I posted a few weeks ago. If you are from WA State, go to your own BiMart...problem solved.

Relax, we're all on the same team last I checked and no one here voted for I-1639. It's Bi-Marts prerogative not to sell and our prerogative to bellyache about it.

May I-1639 crash land in a fiery inferno.

I hate to defend Bi-Mart due to their lack of stones. Not selling legitimate items to 18 year young adults was weak-kneed. (Chicken-bubblegum actually). Once again....minimum wage slow fish can not be expected to make good decisions. However.... they still have the best prices on primers and frequent sales on powder and components. Got my first membership when they opened their store in Coos Bay. Also, they have really good prices on picnic supplies and kids toys. When they put their big packs of basic paper plates on sale for $.99 we stock up. Great targets.

Less than a year ago we were going through the check-out line at the Sisters, OR Bi-Mart. Husband wearing an NRA shirt and the limp-wristed male cashier commented to husband that he probably didn't even know what 2A said. After ripping the 2A to him in front of a line of customers behind us husband proceeded to tell said cashier he didn't expect to get a lecture about the US Constitution from a Bi-Mart cashier. He said some other things too. I was pulling on his arm there for a minute. Never saw that kid in there again.

It's not just Bi-Mart that is hostile to gun owners and our rights. They hire maggots like this. On the other hand we have also encountered some wonderful Bi-Mart employees.

We will keep buying our bricks of primers and paper plates there.

and the limp-wristed male cashier commented to husband that he probably didn't even know what 2A said.
Its amazing there are people with ZERO tact, and give no thought to the potential consequences of doing something like this.
Where do they get the inspiration to open their mouths to complete strangers - especially where they work.

Its amazing there are people with ZERO tact, and give no thought to the potential consequences of doing something like this.
Where do they get the inspiration to open their mouths to complete strangers - especially where they work.
Walk through the halls of a local High School some day, its shocking to hear the foul and course language of the students and the teachers (authority figures) are seemingly powerless to stop it. You didn't dare do that when I was going through high school let alone my job. As a society we've tied the hands of teachers and police, what did we expect would happen?

I hate to defend Bi-Mart due to their lack of stones. Not selling legitimate items to 18 year young adults was weak-kneed. (Chicken-bubblegum actually). Once again....minimum wage slow fish can not be expected to make good decisions. However.... they still have the best prices on primers and frequent sales on powder and components. Got my first membership when they opened their store in Coos Bay. Also, they have really good prices on picnic supplies and kids toys. When they put their big packs of basic paper plates on sale for $.99 we stock up. Great targets.

Less than a year ago we were going through the check-out line at the Sisters, OR Bi-Mart. Husband wearing an NRA shirt and the limp-wristed male cashier commented to husband that he probably didn't even know what 2A said. After ripping the 2A to him in front of a line of customers behind us husband proceeded to tell said cashier he didn't expect to get a lecture about the US Constitution from a Bi-Mart cashier. He said some other things too. I was pulling on his arm there for a minute. Never saw that kid in there again.

It's not just Bi-Mart that is hostile to gun owners and our rights. They hire maggots like this. On the other hand we have also encountered some wonderful Bi-Mart employees.

We will keep buying our bricks of primers and paper plates there.
BiMart is not hostile to our gun rights. I-1639 is the LAW, do you understand this? It isn't their choice. Are you willing to pay for their court costs if they choose to accommodate you by breaking that law? There were "No On I-1639" fliers on the counter at Orchards BiMart. where I shop so they were willing to at least to make that stand. But as much as we hate it, I-1639 is the law now and they have to follow it. Donate to SAF and NRA_ILA to fight this in court, but until we get it tossed out. We are stuck with it.
As for idiots behind the counter, that's the bane of every store's existence. I would have had a few words with the manager about that. It's probably against labor law to ask people how they feel about political issues on the employment form but boy that would save a lot of headaches if they could ask and hire accordingly.

You are very welcome Sir. I always try my best to post factual information based upon first hand knowledge. I have found emotional responses rather unfruitful. Glad I can help.

I'll continue to follow this thread in the hopes of seeing some factual information actually posted.

In the meantime I'll continue to avoid shopping at dicks or bi-mart based on their business decisions and practices.

I'll continue to follow this thread in the hopes of seeing some factual information actually posted.

In the meantime I'll continue to avoid shopping at dicks or bi-mart based on their business decisions and practices.
What more 'facts' do you need presented beyond what I posted as to why BiMart Idaho and Oregon chose to disengage sales to WA?

What more 'facts' do you need presented beyond what I posted as to why BiMart Idaho and Oregon chose to disengage sales to WA?

You presented no facts. You posted your opinion and made it clear that you did not think much of my position by saying I was shortsighted and emotional.
Who's the emotional one here?

I simply stated that I will not shop there anymore due to their stances and knee jerk reactions on age restrictions and not selling to people from Wa.

Not sure why you care that much unless you have some dog in the fight.

I have no problem with anyone who continues shopping at bi-mart cause they do have good deals.

Just simply stating my position and opinion with very little emotion at all.

This does make sense since 1639 does not affect bolt rifles, lever rifles, single shot rifles, or any shotguns. Which for the most part is what bi-mart primarily sells.

I stopped shopping there when they decided to raise their ammo and firearm purchasing age to 21 regardless of laws.

Bubblegum bi-mart
My rather attractive wife works there in the sporting goods section we talk about gun sales and policies most every day. BiMart sells a lot of semi-auto .22s and those are now assault rifles for the WA crowd. Rather than set themselves up for potential mistakes when dealing with out of state WA buyers, the created the new policy. So what's the big deal really other than affecting those who like to cross into Oregon and not pay taxes? Or is it just that some folks want to be able to cross over and poach an 'illegal assault rifle 10/22' and take it back to WA?

I'm not emotional about this. You seem to be the one triggered because some internet dude questioned your knowledge or lack thereof. Perhaps I just misunderstood the bubblegum bimart comment.

My rather attractive wife works there in the sporting goods section we talk about gun sales and policies most every day. BiMart sells a lot of semi-auto .22s and those are now assault rifles for the WA crowd. Rather than set themselves up for potential mistakes when dealing with out of state WA buyers, the created the new policy. So what's the big deal really other than affecting those who like to cross into Oregon and not pay taxes? Or is it just that some folks want to be able to cross over and poach an 'illegal assault rifle 10/22' and take it back to WA?

I'm not emotional about this. You seem to be the one triggered because some internet dude questioned your knowledge or lack thereof. Perhaps I just misunderstood the bubblegum bimart comment.
Lol...
You do have a dog in the fight!
Have a good day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads