Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I would like to know when people quote me

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by PDXSparky, Nov 10, 2012.

1. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

If you have experience with Slickdeals: The Best Deals, you might know that if someone quotes one of your posts, you get a popup telling you that "someone" quoted you in a thread and a link to that post. That would be an excellent feature to add here, if possible.

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

paranoid?

3. PDXSparky

Yes, but that isn't the reason I'd like to see when someone quotes me. Sometimes I ask a question in a post and if I was notified that someone quoted me, I'd know that maybe they were answering my question.

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'll look into seeing if I can add this functionality, since it isn't part of the core software.

5. PDXSparky

Thank you. :thumbup:

6. PDXSparky

Anything new on this?

Thanks

7. japcraplover89

japcraplover89 Orting, Washington Member

essentially, you are notified if someone quotes you. you get a notification letting you know if there is a new post in the thread that youve already posted in. all you have to do is see if the new reply is relevant to your prior posts. i could only see this particular feature helpful in an ongoing thread that receives umpteen posts per day, where as it could be a pain to search through them all. might be worth a shot though, to try it out and see what feedback it receives. just my .02 :)