JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
what in the world makes you think it would not start again if another mass shooting happened?
they would say see it isn't working we have to ban guns to stop this from happening again!
nothing to chose from they are both worthless

Then we should just point the anti-2nd Amendment advocates to Chicago city and just show'em how all those firearm laws mean squat.

im not happy to do background checks just for a private sell or buy

You miss the point. The system I propose would post a persons status as to their legal status for owning firearms. As the seller, you could look them up, or not.

I propose this as a way to meet the concerns of the "progressives" without giving them a way to have a firearm registry.

If you use the credit check, there is no way that it can link to firearms, since there are credit checks run for all sorts of things every day, and there is no record of what you ran the check for.

I believe the background check issue is our biggest threat at this point, and this is a way to remove it as a threat. In other words, offer a system that fulfills their stated goal but doesn't advance their real agenda of gun registration.

I understand your concern.

But once we "stabilize the front", close the debate and get things back to normal, we can continue pushing for expansion of our rights. It does not have to be a one-way street where they only attack and we only defend. However, it is politically hard (almost impossible) to attack when the ongoing debate is linked to Newtown, CT - I want them to pass something bi-partisan and harmless (the proposed bill is a "paper tiger" - it is practically harmless as it contains holes big enough to push an elephant through, and has a lot of good, tasty stuff for gun owners) and call their job done, make the ignorant observers happy, turn the page and start over.

I hope you agree that the post-Newtown political climate was very unfavorable to gun owners and forced us to defend. This is where we lost, I think - unless we persuade the American public that mass-shootings cannot be fixed with "gun control", we will always be one mass-shooting away from another anti-gun onslaught.

I could not disagree more. The "holes" you describe are snare traps that can and will be used by BATF to incarcerate innocent gun sellers/buyers

I'll repeat what I have said here before.. our enemies are intent on our total disarmament, and we not only cannot give one more inch, we need to mobilize as a civil rights group, and retake the liberties already lost (repeal of 1934/1968 GCAs, etc)

Not one more inch !!

I agree it is critical to educate the public about the "effectiveness" of "gun free zones", "gun control", otherwise this will come back.

But I want to talk to people who listen. When the nation is still in this "post-Newtown" context, it may not understand us. It is like being an innocent defendant in a criminal court - no matter how logical your words are, initially the jury sees you as someone who must have done something to get in trouble with law enforcement (despite "innocent until proven guilty" reminders from the judge).

I want to reset this environment, change the setting, and instead of being a defendant, become the plaintiff. and start a different talk, not linked to any mass shooting, but linked to our rights and freedoms.

This was the part I liked... BUT we can only win from an aggressive, strong position.. caving on any more restrictions makes us look weak, and allowing this thing to pass makes us look weak

I want to reset this environment, change the setting, and instead of being a defendant, become the plaintiff. I want to end this conversation in Congress with something reasonably fake (or, better yet, with something that helps gun owners), and start a different talk, not linked to any mass shooting, but linked to our rights and freedoms.

I do it here at NWFA and a few other places almost everyday and have been now for years. People are paying more attention and understanding more about their rights and where they stand. I like to think that I have contributed some.

I would like to thank those here at NWFA for helping me to learn and understand more about firearms, firearms safety, constitutional rights and many many other things. You have helped me a bunch, thanks!

Instead of any enhanced background check crap,the govt. should simply put in place a registry of people that have a prescription for psych-drugs.Would just be included in the normal gun check we have now.

Really?? You want anyone who has had depression or anxiety meds to be banned from owning firearms? So we will ban thousands of returning vets as well as millions of regular folks based on a doctor prescribed med. WHY?

Rush Limbaugh just mentioned a scientific poll that revealed only 4% of voters think new gun restrictions are a priority.. there's absolutely no reason for us to cave

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top