JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I forgot to do laundry yesterday so I did not have my krav maga shirts for class last night. Instead I wore my NWFA t-shirt. It did get noticed. I got a couple "Hey, I read that site." and I got more than a few "You like guns?" The later was followed about haldf the time by a "Do you own an x? I am thinking of getting one." or something similar...but a couple of times it was followed by very disapproving looks.

Only one person was a little bit of a jerk about it. I made sure to hit him a little extra hard later. Just to show I do not necessarily need the gun. :D :)

Where are you taking Krav? I have been interested, but it seems that there is a lack of schools (that I know of) in Vancouver with the exception of East West Martial Arts. I hear the instructors are legit, but then again, my 4 year old niece also takes karate there.

The offical "everyone around us hates us, we better learn to fight HARD" martial art.

You got the HARD part right. I am sitting here now with extremely sore and bruised forearms from practicing outside defenses all night tonight. They think pads are for wimps.

PS: For the person asking where I go, I go to East West. How good they are depends on which instructor you get.. I go to the one by the Fred Meyer on 164th. Ms. Harmony will work your butt off. Some instructors lean more on the fighting and some more on the cardio and balance.

kitty.jpg

I used to do Krav at the EW on Hwy99, a couple of years ago. Too many bruised ribs later, I switched to CrossFit. As far as I know, EW is the only one(s) - they have the two locations - in Vancouver that I know of. My wife and I have a few friends that still go to it, and one guy's wife is an instructor at the west-side one.

Like PBP said - how good they are really depends on the instructor you get. Some are really sharp and good at the fighting side, and others just want to use it as a glorified jazzercise class. There's one that I dealt with that just liked to use it as a way to show off how much he knew about it.

sweetbeard
This is my coming out post, I wanted everyone to know I'm gay.

I foresaw this happening. Psychoanalysis, of your previous posts, confirms that this is true. You can drop the straight man persona now. Just remember, don't blow out your o-ring!

I used to do Krav at the EW on Hwy99, a couple of years ago. Too many bruised ribs later, I switched to CrossFit. As far as I know, EW is the only one(s) - they have the two locations - in Vancouver that I know of. My wife and I have a few friends that still go to it, and one guy's wife is an instructor at the west-side one.

Like PBP said - how good they are really depends on the instructor you get. Some are really sharp and good at the fighting side, and others just want to use it as a glorified jazzercise class. There's one that I dealt with that just liked to use it as a way to show off how much he knew about it.

Kind of like some gun owners.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top