JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you could get back that one gun you sold, which one would it be?

For me it was my first 1911. A beautiful blued Kimber Compact sold a decade ago... Why did I sell that thing? I dunno. Call it temporary insanity or permenant stupidity. Maybe both!

I have seen people mentioning selling guns that they wish they had back. So, share your loss here. It'll make you feel better!
(Well, maybe it will just make me feel better...:s0114: )

I sold a P.38 to fund a spring break trip in college a long, long time ago and have often wished that I could get it back. I remember paying $65 for it and selling it for $95 a couple of years later and thinking at the time that I got a heck of a good return on my investment.

Oh, the things you do for fun when you are young that you end up regretting, sometimes later rather than sooner.

Wished I'd never sold my 1951 Government Model, but it was the only way to get Treemanx to cough up the 1962 National Match that I just had to have. When he decided to sell the '51 I jumped on it! No regrets there!

Kinda' wish I hadn't sold my Automag II, though.... the things worth 3 times what I sold it for 20+ years ago. Plus it was a hoot to shoot! Threw a fireball and really barked. Such fun.

05-1.jpg

De-banned MAK90, in .223

Traded it in a moment of stupidity.

:s0054:

One of the first Kimber of Oregon 1911's. Had the rosewood grips and everything. I had pre ordered it, letter said it was number 129 of the commercially available guns. I traded it for a 69 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 4 spd. I made bookoo money on that car but I sure do miss that gun. The fit on the newer Kimbers isnt like the older ones.

I sold a Marlin 1894FG .41 Remington Mag. I made a mistake when I sold that on GB and regret it. It sold in 10 minutes and was going to delete it that afternoon realizing I was making a mistake logged on it was sold. I did not have to give it to the buyer but being the fair person that I am I let it go. I really miss it as it was a beautiful gun and a good hard hitting shooter, not a tight group but good enough to drop what ever it hit. The worse thing is Marlin stopped making them in 2004. Oh well we have to learn the hard way.

I once owned a beautiful DWM made German Luger that was immaculate. It was made between the 2 World Wars. I needed money so I sold it. (I bought it in 1960 for $50.00!) Sob! Sob! I wish I still had it or could buy one like it today for that price! Too soon old and too late smart!!

Rifle: My first purchased rifle as an adult (18 years old if you call them adults) was a Colt AR-15 SP1. The rifle was in absolute mint condition. Being a bubblegum I shot the stuff out of her and she never failed me. I sold her during the '94 Assault weapons ban for a bunch of cash. Sad face for me.

Pistol: I bought a S&W 686 4" stainless .357 from a buddy of mine that was an Independence Police Reserve who had gotten it from a police auction. It was an Oregon State Police issued (and therefore stamped at the factory "Property of Oregon State Police") handgun that was sold off to purchase GLOCKs. I sold off back in '98 for $400.00. Another Bubblegum move on my part.

SF-

technically I wish I hadn't have had to sell all the guns I did to fund school...

but just one, I miss my cx4 storm carbine in .45 ACP with an EoTech sight and a nice insight light. Home defense special. A pure joy to shoot. :(

Just found this old thread so I thought I'd chime in. Mine was a Savage 99 in .308. Bought it right after I graduated high school and sold it about 3 years late. Now that I'm a little older I sure miss that rifle more than I would've missed the cash I sold it for

LIke Potato chips I can't stop at just one , Three at least jump to mind...M-1 carbine MKI Ruger standard auto, Flat top Super Blackhawk. Young and dumb, I let my mom sell my dads shotguns back in the 70's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top