JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I get it.

But im not sure you know how 1639 works

Enforcement is NOT up to the Sheriff or any LE agency.
Compliance is not for YOU to choose.

These provisions are more or less administrative provisions to be followed by FFL dealers.
FFL holders can choose non compliance, but that would put them at odds with laws from 50+ years ago ... Long before 1639.

It ultimately means NOT doing bgc at all.

He can be non compliant and try to sell to 18yr old... But when it gets denied because of age.... Does he transfer it anyway?

We will have no FFL holders left as they would be shut down / lose FFL.

No FFL means no more shipments from wholesalers.

The ENTIRE gun industry would have to ignore every law going back to the GCA in order to effect non compliance with 1639.

WE dont have a choice in the matter anymore.
Except for private FTF deals, like before 594...
But there are very very few people I would trust to make a deal like that with these days, lest I get caught up in some kind of sting.
And as I said "The sherrifs who will truely not enforce I-1639 to the best of their ability" BCG and most of I-1639 is in the hands of the DOL and other agencies like the ATF with which the FFL must abide by. Where sheriff's have discretion is in the main areas of the law:

-choosing to not arrest those under 21 for possession of a semi auto rifle.

-choosing to not investigate the safe storage provision

-choosing to have deputies not check individuals to make sure their safety course is valid.

It is these three areas that some sherrifs have noted they will not enforce otherwise yes the other parts are beyond their control.

And as I said "The sherrifs who will truely not enforce I-1639 to the best of their ability" BCG and most of I-1639 is in the hands of the DOL and other agencies like the ATF with which the FFL must abide by. Where sheriff's have discretion is in the main areas of the law:

-choosing to not arrest those under 21 for possession of a semi auto rifle.

-choosing to not investigate the safe storage provision

-choosing to have deputies not check individuals to make sure their safety course is valid.

It is these three areas that some sherrifs have noted they will not enforce otherwise yes the other parts are beyond their control.

I TOTALLY get not supporting the rank and file LEOs who are actually on the road trying to make the community safer and trying to seek justice in the unfortunate instances where we aren't able to minority report all potential crimes. I mean, we should just quit our jobs when we disagree with administration thats elected by the public or appointed by the people the public elects.

We do our best DESPITE the people voted into office. Come to think of it, I'm laid up for the next several months after a surgery to repair an injury that I incurred, while on duty, arresting some azzhat that likes to get tweaked out on meth and burn churches.

Bless your heart!

Not complying means to me, my friends and I in the peoples republic of WA choose to exchange our "dangerous" non papered firearms amongst ourselves without engaging the gov'mint via FFL's.

We saw this coming and traveled outta state to procure those nasty hi-cap mag fed semi's which we all have safes full of. They are non papered as we bought private party to private party, avoiding FFLs like the plague, mostly to use against thegovernment and lose as needed to avoid capture, if and as necessary. However, the benefit is liquidating without involving the commies in Congress.

We tried to warn you all this was coming. Few believed. Your loss, not mine. RED DAWN! WE ARE READY! COME TO MY NEIGHBORHOOD. MEET YOUR MAKER.

Sheep, Wolves or Sheepdog. Time to choose!
I am a Sheepdog !
How many missed meals does it take for the sheepdog to go all wolf-like?

And 1639 is just nuts. I know a few firearms owners in WaSt that don't know a thing about it and my guess is they won't won't until the next time they try to buy a firearm,

I just can't help but see it as tyranny and everything history has warned us about.

I TOTALLY get not supporting the rank and file LEOs who are actually on the road trying to make the community safer and trying to seek justice in the unfortunate instances where we aren't able to minority report all potential crimes. I mean, we should just quit our jobs when we disagree with administration thats elected by the public or appointed by the people the public elects.

We do our best DESPITE the people voted into office. Come to think of it, I'm laid up for the next several months after a surgery to repair an injury that I incurred, while on duty, arresting some azzhat that likes to get tweaked out on meth and burn churches.

Bless your heart!
Thank you for your service in apprehending Varg Vikernes.

Bless your heart!
Prayin' for a swift recovery, brother.

Definition of inalienable

: incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred

Definition of compliance

: the act or process of complying to a desire, demand, proposal, or regimen or to coercion

These two things seem to be at odds with each other. That is assuming compliance means to surrender, which can not be done.

So you are saying you wish to obey the supreme law of the land, good for you... Since that is the supreme law.

Hmmmm... I think your better off just being a criminal..They seem to have more rights than the law abiding citizens of this F'ed up state and for that matter most of the so called free states. Until we all say enough and act they will keep attacking our rights and taking slowly our given freedom. Wakeup people it's time to say enough! I vote and I am starting to think its pointless until we act and back up what we believe in!

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top