JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I have often said that many gun laws , do nothing to stop criminals from getting or using firearms...
But those same gun laws will create more "criminals" when gun owners do not comply with the laws , regulations , requirements , bans etc...

What one chooses to do , is one's own business...but one also needs to understand and be prepared to face the consequences of being non-compliant to a law.
With that said...
It is often "better" to be quietly non-compliant among trusted friends , then to go shouting off of the roof tops , just how non-compliant one is...
Andy
We have to remember that for most of the anti's, reducing gun deaths and injuries is not the actual goal. It's just an excuse to pass legislation that punishes people they are afraid of. Harassing and criminalizing otherwise legitimate gun owners is precisely their goal. They fear anything that smacks of maleness. Independence, competence, free thinking, self-defense, and self-reliance are concepts they not only don't value, they hate them because their world is built around group think and consensus, and when something (anything) goes wrong in that world their coping mechanism is to call an "expert" to come fix it. They don't argue their grievances themselves, they gather a sympathetic group to argue for them. People who operate outside those "approved" parameters are to be shunned, vilified, and punished.

We have to remember that for most of the anti's, reducing gun deaths and injuries is not the actual goal. It's just an excuse to pass legislation that punishes people they are afraid of. Harassing and criminalizing otherwise legitimate gun owners is precisely their goal. They fear anything that smacks of maleness. Independence, competence, free thinking, self-defense, and self-reliance are concepts they not only don't value, they hate them because their world is built around group think and consensus, and when something (anything) goes wrong in that world their coping mechanism is to call an "expert" to come fix it. They don't argue their grievances themselves, they gather a sympathetic group to argue for them. People who operate outside those "approved" parameters are to be shunned, vilified, and punished.
I agree and have never said that anything in your post wasn't "true"...or the results of just what is actually going on...

My main points were :
If you do not comply...then be prepared for the consequences of not complying...
That many laws bans and such make more "criminals" 'cause of folks who won't comply...
And if you choose not to comply...its best not to announce it via the internet...
Andy

I agree and have never said that anything in your post wasn't "true"...

My main points were :
If you do not comply...then be prepared for the consequences of not complying...
That many laws bans and such make more "criminals" 'cause of folks who won't comply...
And if you choose not to comply...its best not to announce it via the internet...
Andy
I was not arguing with you at all Andy, more like expanding on your idea. I agree with you 100%. :)

I was not arguing with you at all Andy, more like expanding on your idea. I agree with you 100%. :)

I didn't think that you were Zeke...

Just that lately some folks here on the forum have either :
Read way too much into what I have posted...
Or
Taken what I have posted and twisted it to mean something else or to fit their agenda.
So I just wanted to be clear in what I was saying in my first post....

I am sorry if I sounded argumentative here with you ....that was not my intent.
Andy

I didn't think that you were Zeke...

Just that lately some folks here on the forum have either :
Read way too much into what I have posted...
Or
Taken what I have posted and twisted it to mean something else or to fit their agenda.
So I just wanted to be clear in what I was saying in my first post....

I am sorry if I sounded argumentative here with you ....that was not my intent.
Andy
No problems, Andy. The point I was emphasizing is an issue I'm very conscious of. The anti's couch their proposals in statements about gun safety and public safety, but that's just camouflage. They have a deep seated hatred, born of fear, of anything or anyone not complying with their group think standards. The danger is that when people argue against those proposals based on logic concerning gun safety and public safety they are going to be ineffective because the real issue is fear of non-compliant individuals.

"Will not comply" is usually the battle cry from those who "Did not vote"

^^^:s0140:

Here's some of the Molon Labe crowd in Connecticut..."not complying".

Gun-lines-firearm-gun-registrationsm.jpg

Last Edited:

Here's some the Molon Labe crowd in Connecticut..."not complying".

View attachment 601080
"Consider this: The statewide voter turnout for the November, 2014 registered election in California was 42.2 percent. That is so low that if even half of firearm owners in this state had registered to vote and actually voted, gun owners would have gained a majority in the state legislature and controlled many state level offices."

It's the same or worse in Oregon.

Here's some of the Molon Labe crowd in Connecticut..."not complying".

View attachment 601080
Thats cool

But as ZigZagZeke said... Actual turn out is crap on our side.

Considering 594 and 1639 won with nearly identical numbers, years apart.

My point was about the whole non-compliance crowd tends to be the 'system is rigged' or 'republican candidate is okay but not good enough so im staying home' crowd.

There may be merits to that... But numbers will ballot initiatives and when conservatives and gun owners sit out for whatever reason, a whole lot of down-ballot issues are lost...

Ita always the blowhards running their holes about defying the man ... In ways that will never amount to anything or in ways that wont bring them into conflict.

Like in Connecticut, dont comply by not turning in banned items... Big deal. You squirreling it away instead it just as good to the antis.
If it never sees the light of day again, theyre still calling it a victory. So go bury all your bubblegum in the backyard, the end result is that your free use of that magazine or gun is effectively over.

All these loudmouths... Lets see them not comply by open carrying their banned stuff for all to see.

But as they say... The time to bury them is the time you should be digging them up.

Hahaha who knows... bubbleguming internet

"Consider this: The statewide voter turnout for the November, 2014 registered election in California was 42.2 percent. That is so low that if even half of firearm owners in this state had registered to vote and actually voted, gun owners would have gained a majority in the state legislature and controlled many state level offices."

It's the same or worse in Oregon.
Building on that theme, here's an exchange between a buddy up North and I on another site that bears repeating here:
Cameron SS at CanadianGunNutz said:
And yet I wonder how many off duty cops or plain clothes cops in Chicago have been shot in recent years. That kind of open hostility being shown by law enforcement towards the citizenry [re the Chicago chief's threat to summarily shoot CCW holders] would be met with immediate mass protests if it happened in lazy Europe. And yet in America...nothing.

For all the talk of 2A and guarding against tyranny, Americans sure are a deferential bunch some times.
My reply said:
Talk is cheap, and you'll find few better examples of "Big Talk Little Action" than the American gun owner. We're collectively masters of excuse-mongering; virtually EVERY time somebody grouses about some new bit of legislation when I ask "what did YOU do trying to stop it? Write your legislators, testify before committee, join a rally, ANYTHING?" the responses range from "um... uhhh..." to "Well, it was a workday and I'm not taking a vacation day for this" to "I don't vote because it doesn't matter."

And THAT, my friends, is how you get a 24% minority running roughshod over the entire State of Washington, just for one example. Don't be like the spineless, limp-wristed cucks that call themselves "Republicans" and "conservatives" here--ruck up, MAN UP and make your voices heard at every stage of the process, lest you follow us down the road to becoming part of Greater Hellifornia...

Let's face it... for all the tough talk, when it comes time to actually DO something and flex political muscle most gun owners might as well be sissy ladyboys in panties. We here are generally different, but we're not enough to give the others an emergency testosterone infusion...

The photo is of Connecticut citizens standing in long lines to register ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds and longarms that the state considers 'assault rifles', as in complying.
If that many gun owners had stood in line to vote they wouldn't be standing in line in that photo.

The next question is how many of the "I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!" or "MOLON LABE" crowd also have a thin blue line sticker nearby? Unfortunately lots who don't get that the police will be enforcing these tyrannical laws. I saw a vote no on I-1639 Sticker next to a thin blue line sticker and I just shook my head. Instead of blue lives matter these folk should say Patriot lives matter. Reid henrichs who didn't enforce Illinois gun laws when he was a deputy? That's a patriot. The sherrifs who will truely not enforce I-1639 to the best of their ability? That's a patriot. Just cause my tax dollars pay you to wear a badge doesn't mean you get a free pass.

One can be supportive of law enforcement officials and yet , still not be in favor of certain laws , bans , restrictions etc...
Kinda like how I love and support my country...and yet don't always like where I think we are headed or agree with actions taken by my government.
Andy

The next question is how many of the "I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!" or "MOLON LABE" crowd also have a thin blue line sticker nearby? Unfortunately lots who don't get that the police will be enforcing these tyrannical laws. I saw a vote no on I-1639 Sticker next to a thin blue line sticker and I just shook my head. Instead of blue lives matter these folk should say Patriot lives matter. Reid henrichs who didn't enforce Illinois gun laws when he was a deputy? That's a patriot. The sherrifs who will truely not enforce I-1639 to the best of their ability? That's a patriot. Just cause my tax dollars pay you to wear a badge doesn't mean you get a free pass.

I get it.

But im not sure you know how 1639 works

Enforcement is NOT up to the Sheriff or any LE agency.
Compliance is not for YOU to choose.

These provisions are more or less administrative provisions to be followed by FFL dealers.
FFL holders can choose non compliance, but that would put them at odds with laws from 50+ years ago ... Long before 1639.

It ultimately means NOT doing bgc at all.

He can be non compliant and try to sell to 18yr old... But when it gets denied because of age.... Does he transfer it anyway?

We will have no FFL holders left as they would be shut down / lose FFL.

No FFL means no more shipments from wholesalers.

The ENTIRE gun industry would have to ignore every law going back to the GCA in order to effect non compliance with 1639.

WE dont have a choice in the matter anymore.
Except for private FTF deals, like before 594...
But there are very very few people I would trust to make a deal like that with these days, lest I get caught up in some kind of sting.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads