JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
ANY GOP candidate is better than a Democrat. And we all know that we live within a two party system.... so get over it and vote GOP
Well stated and pretty much the 'bottom line'.
Some of you can continue to 'Dance with the democratic gun owners' but in case you decided not to watch any of the democratic debates understand they are ALL advocating gun control measures.
Are the 'Democratic gun owners' voting Republican? I think not!

Well Johnathan Parker , Captain of the Lexington Militia was a Ranger during the French and Indian War...along with several others present...
I was also a Ranger...albeit at a much later time....
So maybe there in spirit ....:D
Andy

This thread has now become the wario is a libertarian moment for this forum.

1564870559159.jpg

The problem is that its never going to be that dramatic and would require the entire gun industry nationwide to refuse to follow federal law.

As I said above, especially in the case of 1639, non-compliance means that the FFL will have to refuse to follow background check laws. Period. You could have 1000 armed people show up and it wont matter.
This dealer will simply have their FFL revoked. There will be no grand stand off with government agents. The FFL will have his license revoked and he will no longer be able to sell guns because without the FFL, no distributor will sell to him.... He may be able to "NOT COMPLY" for a couple dozen guns, but when his shelves are empty he cannot restock without a license. Unless the entire gun industry collectively decides to rebel against state and federal laws, and we all know that part will never happen.

So, the non-compliance protest will be a flash in the pan, the law will stand and your LGS will cease to exist.

Ive said it a million times.... defiance of the law is not a replacement for stopping the law in the first place. Unless you are voting Republican 100% of the time and are out there being an ambassador for responsible gun ownership AND sending $$ to your favorite 2A group.... you are spitting in the wind.

Yes, I said REPUBLICAN, I dont care if they are RINOs or are too soft on immigration or abortion, etc...... ANY GOP candidate is better than a Democrat. And we all know that we live within a two party system.... so get over it and vote GOP ... at least they can be swayed into voting pro-2A even if they arent the staunchest supporter.

Unless you are a liberal gun owner and have made the decision that your other issues are more important than the 2A... you vote how you vote, but lets not hear any complaining out of you.
Maybe that wouldn't be all bad then they could all stand with those of us who don't have FFL's.
IT could though if people would show up at the ATF's headquarters and protest them?
and what's with the attitude at the end of you're statement?
And yes I agree people are too soft to do so, but that's what would make a difference. and what our country was founded on. but yeah what's with the attitude?

Well stated and pretty much the 'bottom line'.
Some of you can continue to 'Dance with the democratic gun owners' but in case you decided not to watch any of the democratic debates understand they are ALL advocating gun control measures.
Are the 'Democratic gun owners' voting Republican? I think not!
Only out of fear or because people like yourselves refuse to try something different.
and in some cases, they might vote Republican for not all Democrats are truly democrat they do sometimes vote for a Republican if they like what they say or stand for. Most people aren't all Republican or Democrat they vote for who they like and not always along party lines. I know for a fact that some of my friends who espouse to be democrats have voted for Republicans and Visa Versa.

and what's with the attitude at the end of you're statement?

Not really attitude. Just acknowledging the reality that there are liberals here and that my message does not resonate with them. My perspective is that not only of a shooter but as a conservative.

Liberal gun owners, by evidence of their voting record, do not support candidates who are pro 2A. Therefore, I am assuming that they hold certain beliefs in higher regard than they do gun rights.
So, that being the case... I dont want to hear whining about gun laws from a person who votes for Democrats... as they are partially responsible anti-gun outcomes.

And as I said "The sherrifs who will truely not enforce I-1639 to the best of their ability" BCG and most of I-1639 is in the hands of the DOL and other agencies like the ATF with which the FFL must abide by. Where sheriff's have discretion is in the main areas of the law:

-choosing to not arrest those under 21 for possession of a semi auto rifle.

-choosing to not investigate the safe storage provision

-choosing to have deputies not check individuals to make sure their safety course is valid.

It is these three areas that some sherrifs have noted they will not enforce otherwise yes the other parts are beyond their control.
Exactly they do have some areas they don't have to enforce and they are the ones to keep around not the company Sherriff or chiefs.

Not really attitude. Just acknowledging the reality that there are liberals here and that my message does not resonate with them. My perspective is that not only of a shooter but as a conservative.

Liberal gun owners, by evidence of their voting record, do not support candidates who are pro 2A. Therefore, I am assuming that they hold certain beliefs in higher regard than they do gun rights.
So, that being the case... I dont want to hear whining about gun laws from a person who votes for Democrats... as they are partially responsible anti-gun outcomes.
Oh ok yeah.

Only out of fear or because people like yourselves refuse to try something different.
This makes no sense at all.
I assume you mean 'something different' to be a democratic candidate or the entire Democratic Party?
Well, I ain't fear that keeps me from voting dem - but it's the fact I do not agree with nearly everything they say!
Why would I 'try something different'when I share nothing in common with the ' different' ?
Is it fear that keeps me Hetero and not 'trying' a homosexual relationship because its 'different' ?

Last Edited:
"Only out of fear or because people like yourselves refuse to try something different."

As the British like to say: "What a load of bollocks"!

I don't need to try the various 'isms' like social or communism to absolutely 'know' it only works for the very tiny/greedy fraction of governmental elites (remember the special grocery stores in the former soviet union for just them and their immediate families while the hoi polloi had to wait in soul sucking long queues to maybe buy a small/rationed piece of poor quality meat or even a sliver of soap?)

Or, see cuba and now venezuela and how well they treat their citizens.

Think anyone here would like to try their brand of government?

People who want to 'try' this type governance refuse to see reality. They don't see the repression and oppression of freedom loving people rampant in these 'isms'...

On a side note: After much suffering and horror, a buddy of mine escaped Slovakia, under communist rule at the time, and came to the U.S. where he got a degree in accounting.

The strict 'zero freedom and much abuse' of the people is something he recounted in detail and not something I would want to 'try'.

The dems want us, the people who live in this country, to 'try' their brand of 'ism'.

NO THANKS!

This makes no sense at all.
I assume you mean 'something different' to be a democratic candidate or the entire Democratic Party?
Well, I ain't fear that keeps me from voting dem - but it's the fact I do not agree with nearly everything they say!
Why would I 'try something different'when I share nothing in common with the ' different' ?
Is it fear that keeps me Hetero and not 'trying' a homosexual relationship because its 'different' ?
PFFT! whatever keep being a slave to one oppressive political party or the other, and you knew what I meant. People are souls of habit and don't change unless something comes along to make them. That's what I meant by fear and I believe you knew it. No need for the snarky remarks.

"Only out of fear or because people like yourselves refuse to try something different."

As the British like to say: "What a load of bollocks"!

I don't need to try the various 'isms' like social or communism to absolutely 'know' it only works for the very tiny/greedy fraction of governmental elites (remember the special grocery stores in the former soviet union for just them and their immediate families while the hoi polloi had to wait in soul sucking long queues to maybe buy a small/rationed piece of poor quality meat or even a sliver of soap?)

Or, see cuba and now venezuela and how well they treat their citizens.

Think anyone here would like to try their brand of government?

People who want to 'try' this type governance refuse to see reality. They don't see the repression and oppression of freedom loving people rampant in these 'isms'...

On a side note: After much suffering and horror, a buddy of mine escaped Slovakia, under communist rule at the time, and came to the U.S. where he got a degree in accounting.

The strict 'zero freedom and much abuse' of the people is something he recounted in detail and not something I would want to 'try'.

The dems want us, the people who live in this country, to 'try' their brand of 'ism'.

NO THANKS!
Same goes for you you knew what I meant and no need for the snarky remarks. Libertarian or the Constitutional party are what I meant. :rolleyes:

What a bunch of bull I see, both parties have destroyed the Republic. Republicans with their lock em up throw away the key attitude towards most everything and their incessant law and order garbage only serves to give the Democrats fuel to take control for a while then screw up so Repubs come back in power then screw that up, and back and forth we go. While those of us who don't want either of their garbage, are stuck with crappy choices. They both seem to work for each other while trying to fool the rest of us into voting for them. From what I've seen they're both cheeks from the same Butt a left cheek and a right cheek and sh*t comes out.

What a bunch of bull I see, both parties have destroyed the Republic. Republicans with their lock em up throw away the key attitude towards most everything and their incessant law and order garbage only serves to give the Democrats fuel to take control for a while then screw up so Repubs come back in power then screw that up, and back and forth we go. While those of us who don't want either of their garbage, are stuck with crappy choices. They both seem to work for each other while trying to fool the rest of us into voting for them. From what I've seen they're both cheeks from the same Butt a left cheek and a right cheek and sh*t comes out.

We do live in a two party system, like it or not. 3rd parties can keep trying but until some big names make the switch its little more than a joke.

Best hope is to change the existing parties to fit your liking.... Like the Tea Party or Trumpism for the GOP or what Sanders and "The Squad" are doing to Dems.

Operate within known boundaries and change outcomes that way.

Find who is closest to your views and go make them what you want, or try to anyway.

When was the last time you got involved in local party politics and pressured them into one direction or another?
When was the last hearing you went to in order to make your voice heard?

You cant flush the system until you've tried to work within it first.
Political change isnt for the lazy or faint of heart. Get in there and mix it up or accept your reality and quit complaining

Last edited by a moderator:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews