JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't know why you were delayed. I get delayed every time. Never used to get delayed, but after I retired from a big aerospace co , with a high level security clearance, I now get delayed every time. And the FFL never gets a call back from the Feds, ever. Never had a problem in WA. Wait the three days and the FFL releases the gun. I have all the right stuff to buy (WDL, CPL, and WAC membership), so who knows what the Feds are up to.

I don't understand the FFL saying that if they don't get a call back they will not sell you the gun. The law is that if the Feds don't get back to them in three days with a "denied" they CAN sell you the gun. Maybe it is the policy of that shop, it is his gun and he can sell or not sell as he sees fit. Find a different seller and wait out the delay. Get over the idea that there is something wrong with you. The system is screwed up.

Ed

UPDATE: I have a brand new Kimber Super Pro Carry in hand and love it. Even with the 4 inch barrel, I went and shot a few mags through it after stripping it and lubing it, and i am a NOVICE and i was shooting 3 inch groups at 20 yards, first time out of the box. WOW, no more recoil in this .45 acp then my glock 22 .40 had and actually felt better too. I love the feel of it, and i am stoked. It barks a little with no ear plugs, but i had to go shoot it. So with the venting in the first post, im sure alot of you have been there. want to solve it if you are buying in Oregon. Simple, took less then 2 hours for a lady from the Oregon State Police to call me back today and explain what the problem was. she found the problem, fixed it, and said she would enter more info into the system so in the next few years when i buy guns, it will go right through, no problems. Buying a gun in Oregon does not go directly through NICS, Oregon State Police does it in house. So when you get delayed, or denied, call the
challenge line (for denied or pending call inquiries) 503-373-1808 ext. 327
This is oregons firearms instant check system that has the same info i just posted <broken link removed>
hope this helps someone else out in the future.

sandman, a month is unexceptable. Mine was only 2 days, not even, and if you go to that site, and call the section i mentioned, they will get back to you, and they are very helpfull, detailed, and willing to find out what the problem is and fix it for future purchases. As i still prefer private FTF purchases, this gun was too new on the market for anything like that. I give My hat off to The Oregon State Police. And further more, my first post, i said i would not mention the stores name, because of a few things. Wild Bill's in Mollola. Other then maybe Keith's, Which I only saw what they had at last weekends show, Bills has the best selection and SUPERIOR customer service. I dont care what you look like, have a dollar, or a few grand in your pocket, they will help with every question, conversate, and simply the type of gun shop i would drive 50 miles to again for future purchases. They have a great selection of every handgun, rifle, black, ak, and if you are building a AR, this is the place to go instead of ordering it, they already have it, and the price, Kieth's at the show was over a hundred dollars more for the same gun, and they looked me like someone with not buying, or young, or what ever, very rude service at the portland show.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top