JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree it would but it would be hard for one to know when to deploy the cam on a case by case basis and I don't think most people want to have a cam on them 24/7 - or even just 9-5.

Put it on when going out in public, especially when dealing with the public.

1) "Lawyers suck."
"Amen brother."
"Not all lawyers are greedy, sleezy(sic) and morally bereft. It's just that the 98% who are, give the rest a bad name."
I would agree if it said most lawyers suck. I greatly appreciate the efforts on my behalf by the distinguished barrister who represented me when my conveyance was struck from behind, destroying my hoopty and giving me a concussion. He then helped me again when Medicare tried to F-bomb with me. I realize that some people aren't aware that there really are one or two lawyers who aren't sleazy shysters. PM me for my recommendation if you need honorable legal representation in the Everett area.

2) Remember - The situation is described by the Lamestream Media, which means that any resemblance to what actually happened is purely unintentional and won't happen again. If the guy pulling the gun was a BIPOC and got arrested it would be absolute proof of institutional racism because he would have been released if he were White.
Remember also - Everything is a manifestation of Institutional Racism.

To me there's enough detail that the Fire Chief had cause for anger, but should have taken pause first.
  • People seen on video entering home with bags.
  • Perhaps homeowner did not sign a consent to have house photographed or videoed *after* the original listing photos. Would you allow just anyone to come in and photograph your home?
    The duo tells officers they had scheduled a client viewing of the home and had arrived early with a crew of 6 other people (including a makeup artist) to shoot photos of Lee for marketing purposes prior to the viewing
    I doubt that the sales contract included a clause, "your home may be used for videos for marketing purposes." Lesson : READ YOUR CONTRACT.
  • Wife calls listing agent. Listing agent calls visiting agent and says, "please leave." In owner's mind, that means, "LEAVE NOW."
  • Five minutes is an eon when NOW is the expectation. To give you an idea, have you ever been on hold for five minutes at a restaurant while trying to place your order? With government, we expect delays. Food, aw, hail no!
  • Wife calls husband. He rushes over, though I suspect it's at least 1-2 minutes after wife's call to him before he arrives. He probably sees bags being loaded into cars.

To me there's enough detail that the Fire Chief had cause for anger, but should have taken pause first.
And that is the problem with anger, little likelihood of pausing to reflect on your course of action. If he is prone to actions like this, he definitely needed to stick with dragging hoses and not carrying a firearm and confronting people for a property crime without knowing all the facts, especially after police have been called.

There are so many lessons in this story. Blocking someone from leaving may be considered false imprisonment in many states. If he directs someone to move (such as while pointing a gun at them), this can actually be considered kidnapping (even with small movements). He engaged a group outnumbered at least six to one. And his canned, "fearing for my life," speech was likely one of the worst on record.

Don't be like Fire Marshall Bill boys and girls.

And that is the problem with anger, little likelihood of pausing to reflect on your course of action.
Well said.

Anger is often the result of real or imagined lack of control and gives the person a false sense of security by creating the illusion he can gain or 'maintain' control through the perceived intimidating effects of anger.

I have at times dealt with very angry people. Screaming, threatening etc. Best thing is to let them 'vent' and hopefully regain rational discussion when they burn themselves out.

Last Edited:
1) Tell them to hit the road and then block them in? :confused:

2) I understand p!ssed off. I also realize that guns aren't for manifesting how p!ssed off you are.

3) "The fire chief will be lucky if he can sell the house now..... crazy times."
He will be lucky if he doesn't spend a lot of time incarcerated. Selling the house is the least of his concerns.

"Oh, he will be selling the house alright, and all the proceeds will be going toward his legal fees and civil lawsuit that he will lose."

Fire Marshall Bill should get on his knees and thank God that he didn't actually harm anybody.
This was Darwin Award with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds level stupid.

by gawd 'I'm the Fire Cheef heer in Alabamee an' theez heer peeople ain't gonna jest roam aroun' and take pitchurs sos' I'll show them whooz bozz'

An' maybee th' Cheef jest left th' Dew Drop Inn where he wuzz a' havin' a few Pee Bee Arz with the boyz an' wuz a' bit on the 'cockee' side
You attributed the guy a dopey accent, low IQ, racism, outsized authority issues due to ego, and a potential alcohol problem just by "reading between the lines"?

His lack of initial discretion caused by panic was about all l could pick up on.

You attributed the guy a dopey accent, low IQ, racism, outsized authority issues due to ego, and a potential alcohol problem just by "reading between the lines"?
Why is this OK? If the subject was a POC, it would quite obviously NOT be okay to lampoon them in such a manner. One would be called a racist, and rightly so.

Why is this OK?
It's not. It's actually a pretty big leap based on assumptions without any evidence. I don't much care for it in either direction because it cheapens both sides.
Speech patterns and accents played for a laugh are still funny like well-timed farts, but there IS a double standard when it comes to these things and we get plenty of hate from all quarters without contributing to it ourselves (See; Kyle Rittenhouse)

Over in General, we have a thread on a police officer involved shooting.

One question I had is should Tasers be different than handguns - to help with the idea of Error Prevention.

LIkewise the proper mindset - are you at Condition RED+ -- have to kill everything?

Getting a call from the wife, or hearing a noise outside near your back door ....
are you responding? Or, have you just made a situation worse?

How to maintain a proper level of awareness and response and how to help with that....

Mindset comes with training of course and we all just had a year of nothing to do but train, right?

The right configuration / tools can help too.

Hearing a noise around my garbage can, where I live in the urban growth boundary, could be a raccoon, or the neighbors cat, or some junkie waning to see if there are any recyclables. Where you live, it could be a bear. What is in your hand? How can you help to minimize the risk of over-reaction? (would you really want to explain why you had a gun in hand to a cop?)

Having windows you can see the vulnerable area, or a camera, outside lights, etc.

The idea of minimizing the chance of having a bad, for you, outcome.

Over in General, we have a thread on a police officer involved shooting.

One question I had is should Tasers be different than handguns - to help with the idea of Error Prevention.

LIkewise the proper mindset - are you at Condition RED+ -- have to kill everything?

Getting a call from the wife, or hearing a noise outside near your back door ....
are you responding? Or, have you just made a situation worse?

How to maintain a proper level of awareness and response and how to help with that....

Mindset comes with training of course and we all just had a year of nothing to do but train, right?

The right configuration / tools can help too.

Hearing a noise around my garbage can, where I live in the urban growth boundary, could be a raccoon, or the neighbors cat, or some junkie waning to see if there are any recyclables. Where you live, it could be a bear. What is in your hand? How can you help to minimize the risk of over-reaction? (would you really want to explain why you had a gun in hand to a cop?)

Having windows you can see the vulnerable area, or a camera, outside lights, etc.

The idea of minimizing the chance of having a bad, for you, outcome.
No matter where something occurs, whether in public place or outside ur home, it seems to me we have to:

#1) be aware. Whether through home security cameras, hearing a noise, or "watching ur six" and other people's body language in public places, etc. It's critical to be aware of something before it becomes too big of a problem. Col. Jeff Cooper's 4 color code system of awareness is the best tool for this imo. Don't live in "white" awareness.

#2) investigate to determine what is going on and be aware that there might be multiple explanations for what you see/hear. Don't assume the worst (but be mentally ready for it in case it is). Fe maybe the person in ur yard at night is a neighbor retrieving their kid's ball that went over the fence.

#3) at the same time as #2, be prepared for the worst. Be ready use force if the situation calls for it. Be physically and mentally ready for it.

#4) have multiple tools in our toolbox. Ur voice and body language can do a hell of a lot. I myself have diffused some real sketchy situations here in Pdx in the last couple years, including a homeless person beating on a naked petite woman in a public park. If the situation allows it, think de-escalate first and be aware that some of your actions can cause escalation even if that is not ur intent. Fe pointing a gun on the neighbor getting the ball cuz you can't tell who it is and neighbor pulls his gun cuz he thinks he is about to be shot.

Pepper spray is great to have for a situation where deadly force is not warranted but you need to get out of the situation. Any other training u may have such as martial arts or whatever. And of course your personal defense weapons whatever those may be for u.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top