JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says I was looking forward to changing out the grips on my Sig p220 Carry. For some odd reason the stock grips did not feel just right. I thought I wanted something more aggressive in texture like a good G10 micarta based grip. Then I saw the prices on G10 grips for it and nearly had a coronary! Really didn't want to go the Hogue rubber route either although much more affordable. What led me down this sordid path was my own unhappiness with how I was shooting the weapon. Oh, I could hit the target but I really wanted to chew the 10 ring up like with my 1911s. Eliminated everything in my mind to fix the problem so, therefore, it must be the grips - right? I took it to the range Sunday and adjusted my grip slightly on the pistol. Mostly being sure to plant my off hand thumb solidly on the frame tightly under the other thumb. Different a little than my 1911 grip. All I can say is OMG! What a difference that small adjustment made downrange on my targets. I was chewing out the 10 ring on my targets like with my 1911s. Ended up having an excellent day at the range and not struggling to shoot the Sig. I won't say it was magical but it sure felt like it. Even my wife who shoots with me mentioned I was hitting without struggling. Double taps, pfffttt. Easy yesterday. So I guess my lesson in this might apply to all of us who struggle to improve with a firearm. It ain't always the stock grips! ... Nice to be an old dog and still capable of learning new tricks. LOL.

I recently changed how I grip pistols and went from shooting low & left to consistently within a few inches center to dead on target. I had been shooting with a finger on the trigger guard. That worked ok on some pistols but not others. I have a P220 full size with the Houge rubber grips. They aren't fancy but they work OK. I had a RIA 1911 and put some Magpul polymer grips for $19 from Sportsman's warehouse. I later replaced those with some nicer wood grips from online but ended up back with the Magpul. They just felt much better.

I recently changed how I grip pistols and went from shooting low & left to consistently within a few inches center to dead on target. I had been shooting with a finger on the trigger guard. That worked ok on some pistols but not others. I have a P220 full size with the Houge rubber grips. They aren't fancy but they work OK. I had a RIA 1911 and put some Magpul polymer grips for $19 from Sportsman's warehouse. I later replaced those with some nicer wood grips from online but ended up back with the Magpul. They just felt much better.

I hear you. I have LOK G10 grips on the 1911s. Very agressive and comfortable grips. They look nice too. With the mag release cut out on the grip I adjusted my thumb position to get it on target. Happy for me that I discovered the best grip for me on the Sig too. Best Wishes.

As the title says I was looking forward to changing out the grips on my Sig p220 Carry. For some odd reason the stock grips did not feel just right. I thought I wanted something more aggressive in texture like a good G10 micarta based grip. Then I saw the prices on G10 grips for it and nearly had a coronary! Really didn't want to go the Hogue rubber route either although much more affordable. What led me down this sordid path was my own unhappiness with how I was shooting the weapon. Oh, I could hit the target but I really wanted to chew the 10 ring up like with my 1911s. Eliminated everything in my mind to fix the problem so, therefore, it must be the grips - right? I took it to the range Sunday and adjusted my grip slightly on the pistol. Mostly being sure to plant my off hand thumb solidly on the frame tightly under the other thumb. Different a little than my 1911 grip. All I can say is OMG! What a difference that small adjustment made downrange on my targets. I was chewing out the 10 ring on my targets like with my 1911s. Ended up having an excellent day at the range and not struggling to shoot the Sig. I won't say it was magical but it sure felt like it. Even my wife who shoots with me mentioned I was hitting without struggling. Double taps, pfffttt. Easy yesterday. So I guess my lesson in this might apply to all of us who struggle to improve with a firearm. It ain't always the stock grips! ... Nice to be an old dog and still capable of learning new tricks. LOL.
Ebay is where I get most of my grips. Yes I'm stingy