Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I want to talk to a thespian. With BBQ sauce.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AlphaCoyote, Oct 12, 2012.

1. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

Any leads? I figure actors travel a lot and know all the best joints, many of which market their own stuff in the restaurant.

Nightshade, Kevatc, Robo and 11 others like this.
  2. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Geez! I just about spit my Coke all over the screen. That is funny alpha!

3. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

thespian can't afford to eat......

4. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

I don't know what's funny about this. Barbecue aficionados take this stuff seriously. And I want to hear other peoples' favorites.

True story: I used to live in Cincinnati, and a couple thespian friends (both female and great actresses at the Cincinnati Shakespeare Festival) and I used to go to The Boathouse for ribs. Famous tourist spot. And they sell their own sauce. So I always had a bunch around the house. Loved it. My thespian friends came over one Saturday for doing ribs on the BBQ out back. We were getting ready to eat, and I spilled a bunch of BBQ sauce on the carpet. It looked delicious. My thespian friends looked at the carpet, looked at each other, looked at me, and busted up laughing.

5. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

That reminds me ! I used to own a somewhat trendy little eating joint in N. Washington. Think Bushwhacker's but further off the beaten path. World class scenery. Every now and again, a thespian or two would stop in for for a bite or taste of our own heady BBQ.....homemade sauce of course ! I liked the thespian attention but frankly they were always pissed off at me for one thing or another...too much trouble.

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

7. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

My son was hanging out in a campsite with his GF when 5 thesbians set up in the spot across the road from them. He never mentioned if they had any BBQ sauce of not, but he says the tent was going like a burlap bag full of bobcats.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Funny, Alpha! Like applied!!

9. michaels

michaels oregon Active Member

You know, i have first hand witnessed the heartbreak of thespianism.

I had a brilliant friend who gave up a well paying engineering job so he could move to L.A. to live the thespian lifestyle.

It can be cured.

I don't ask him about the bbq sauce. Somethings I just don't want to know.

AlphaCoyote and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Well that makes twice that I've nearly spit my Coke all over my laptop. :laugh:

11. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

More thespians died at thermopylae than did spartans (700 v 300) but the spartans had better press