JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, not me but this weekend at my local range we had 2 British citizens come to shoot. By the time they got done on the pistol line and our action bay the smiles were huge.
As they were leaving they had a chat with an R/O and said "We want to change our citizenship now"
Can you think of any better compliment for a range then that. :D:D:D

That's not right! They should just be able to come here and start having kids, get housing, food, medical and living expenses......That's what thousands of others coming here from other countries are doing isn't it?

Easy peasy!

Yes - we overlook the throngs of European illegals that come here also. WE don't 'see' them because they are typically well dressed, can afford to fly over the border and are never highlighted in the news.

If they fly to Mexico and catch a semi to Texas they are eligible for all sorts of perks . . .
BUT, they shouldn't mention that they are interested in firearms for NON-TERRORIST or NON-CRIMINAL activities!!!!

Sheldon

I know a few uk refugees who are in the process of migrating here. They can own firearms with the visa they have, provided they have a hunting license. Non-citizens can own firearms in the US and WA, however they must be residents, and in WA, they must have a hunting license.

Otherwise, under WA law, I don't think they need any kind of permission to handle firearms (at a range), however they can't take possession.

8ball, I appreciate the effort, but you are quoting the wrong RCW. i have included the correct one and the first subsection to correct your misconceptions.

Alien possession of firearms — Possession without license

(1) A nonimmigrant alien, who is not a resident of Washington or a citizen of Canada, may carry or possess any firearm without having first obtained an alien firearm license if the nonimmigrant alien possesses:

(a) A valid passport and visa showing he or she is in the country legally;

Back in the early part of this century, my wife and I, frequent visitors to Oregon, made up our minds that perhaps the USA was the place to rest our bones. I am a 33-year full-time [no reserve] retired senior officer from a part of the British Army that has close connections in a couple of establishments in your capital, and had held the maximum permissable security clearances for a foreign member of a certain multinational tripartite organisation. I often taught in DC at one of the alphabet palaces, and have been commanded by, worked with and commanded US military personnel over my long career. I am also a polyglot, and have a Masters in my chosen subject, and three other degrees. I have no debts, no convictions, my own money that makes me unreliant on handouts of any kind, even in the USA, and have been entrusted by both our governments to do my duty as a honest and upright citizen. My wife is was a State Registered Nurse with a military background, and is equally 'clean'.

On applying for an interview, we were told that there was no necessity for us to even bother writing the application letter, as 'we were not the kind of people that the US Government is overly keen to assist in becoming citizens'.

Sad.

I asked why this might be, and were told that we were too old.

Even sadder.

tac

Tac
Go back and tell them that you need to be a citizen in order to work on democrat election campaigns.
You will likely find that, as if by magic, the application will be placed on top of the stack and processed quickly.

Sheldon

tac,

Actually, all you and the wife need to do is get a slight tan, dye your hair black, and say the following to any ICE agent.

"Que? Yo lociento, porque yo no habla englis. Yo Mexicano, adonde mi permisso?"

(Rough translation: "What? I'm sorry, because I don't speak English. I'm Mexican, where is my permission slip to stay?")

You will receive your Willy Wonka "golden ticket" and voter registration cards straight away! :rolleyes:

Supposedly a criminal alien (I refuse to call them "undocumented" or "migrant") is afforded all the rights a US citizen has under the constitution such as the 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th amendments and so on. Then why hasn't the above mentioned law in Washington prohibiting non-citizens from possessing firearms been challenged under constitutional, specifically 2nd amendment grounds? Where are all the do-gooders? Where is the ACLU?

Tec's situation is odd, i can give my own experience and the options i saw as advice.

Firstly, from outside the country, citizenship is what we see, when in reality, permanent residency is what the US Gov cares about, so only apply/inquire after that.

If you're at retirement age, from your post i guess so, then you need to prove the ability to support yourself, that's all.

I wouldn't listen to what you've been 'advised' - just to apply for residency, do this through a visa app and the working/dependent/money supplied by section is where you prove you don't need income to live here.

My wife and three of my kids are Australian citizens, and I had to supply REAMS of notarized paperwork showing that I made enough money to support them (and three other kids from a former marriage in the USA) before they would even consider permanent resident immigration visas for them.

8ball, I appreciate the effort, but you are quoting the wrong RCW. i have included the correct one and the first subsection to correct your misconceptions.

Alien possession of firearms — Possession without license

(1) A nonimmigrant alien, who is not a resident of Washington or a citizen of Canada, may carry or possess any firearm without having first obtained an alien firearm license if the nonimmigrant alien possesses:

(a) A valid passport and visa showing he or she is in the country legally;

Sorry, but you are reading the RCW wrong. There is an 'and' on the end of section (b) that adds the additional conditions listed in (c) such as hunting or organized competition.

I should know, I spoke to a 2A lawyer and several local WA ranges before organizing a shooting competition for some European colleagues recently.

Try taking a non-citizen to any commercial range here and see what happens. West Coast Armory charge an extra $60 to put on a special competition in order to stay within the RCW.

I agree that it's stupid law.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews