JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All I want is a manual that covers disassembly, assembly and maintenance.

I've found plenty of books covering the No.4 Mk1 and Mk2's but only really two that aren't just history/fact books.

The problem with those is that they're almost literally home photocopied pamplets and obviously their picture/diagram quality is terrible.

Does anyone have suggestions? (Other than original army stuff that's equally unclear)

I have a NRA "take it apart and more importantly get it back together again with all the pieces intact" book ... that has good clear pictures and instructions on these rifles.
Let me know if a photo copy of these pages might help you out...
Andy

So i don't need a history/reference guide, i checked the book you listed and it doesn't seem to contain anything *but* that.

Looks like it's probably the one you see on google image searches, or just straight out of the Army manuals you can get online.

If I was about to dismantle one of the most difficult to set up and finicky military rifles in history, I'd sure as heck want to know all the wrinkles. Remember that the people originally mantling these guns were doing nothing else 12/7/365 for YEARS. Over here a strip and assemble of a Lee-Enfield SMLE to armourer's standards costs around $400.00.

tac

I have a clean PDF of the Feb 1943 M1917 Rock Island Arsenal base shop data manual. Cant figure out how to upload it as a PDF. Here is an image of one of the pages. Is this what you are looking for?
Untitled1_001.png

Thanks for the links and suggestions.

@rick benjamin those two look to have good potential; regarding the second one, i did some internet magic and "brought back" surplusrifle.com to download that PDF file (rather than sign up for the link you gave)

@ogre How good is the info in that book? I actually nearly bought it because i have other rifles too, does it cover disassembly/reassembly?

Just noticed it says it's a disassembly/assembly manual - How good are the sections on the 1903, Garand and Enfield No.4 Mk1/2

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top