JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought maybe it was supposed to be a double barrel or something. Really detracted from the movie for me.
The whole movie "detracted" me...
I get that it was a movie and not a documentary ...but Damn , way too many real people doing things and even dying , in ways that didn't ' happen...Too much false back story into Glass , wrong locations , bad stereotypes , etc...

I would have like the movie better if they changed the names....

As for the firearm it was a flintlock rifle with a single barrel...
Andy

Aside from the opening "salvo" I thought the gun use in Open Range was pretty good for a Western. Its rare to see complete accuracy in a Western. Pale Rider comes to mind as pretty accurate. As does the Masterpiece Winchester 73.

I haven't seen the movie, but will probably still check it out since I'm a sucker for modern Westerns.

I know the more it seems people know about firearms, the more annoying a lot of movies are. The line in one of the Diehard movies about the Glock 7 and being invisible on airport scanners is infamous. As was the Lethal Weapon line about Cop Killer bullets and watching a 9mm pistol shoot through half inch plate steel of a front loader's bucket.

I'm gonna have to see that movie, now. But I don't have Netflix or the like nor cable so.... Guess I gotta buy it. NWFA is an expensive habit

My favorite with TV and movies is all my life trying to tell people guns, no matter how large, do not send the bad guy flying across the room. Lost track of the people I would prove this too who would still not want to believe what they just watched. It was so ingrained in their mind they did not want to think they had been lied to all this time. Would set 50# bag of sand up and shoot it. When it barely moved I would say, so how could this toss a 200# man across a room. Many were is total shock because they had seen it so many times and been told all their life it was true.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top