JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are no 'replicas' per se. There are collectable war-era weapons, less collectable civilian versions and faked war-era put-togethers that are worth the price of the parts that it took to make them. Personally, I would recommend picking up a used civilian rifle to see if you like the platform. They can be found here on the WTS/WTT section from time to time, and for a good price. If you do like the platform, and you want to expand your collection to include a more desirable war-era rifle, you have two choices. You can purchase a CMP papered weapon, either directly from the CMP or at a Gunshow, and be assured that you have a genuine collectable, or you can put in some time to learn the rifle and try to weed through the put-togethers until you find a real deal. There are alot of put-togethers out there made to look like war-issue rifles that never were, so you need to be real careful. 'Paratrooper' models seem to be the most faked versions. A CMP papered rifle will also have a higher resale price. Good luck.

Edit: Judging by the picture and description of the one you are asking about on the WTS/WTT board, the price being asked is fair and would probably be a great first M1 for you.

Keith

damn brotha! I ddnt think this wanted section would get much activity, but you answered perfectly! Thank you for that reply! I think like you said ill stick with the civilian version. I really wanna use it (camping and just have it around) and I wouldnt wanna ruin any collectables. Damn i want this gun so bad. Thanks Keith! OH HEY! what is a "good" price for a slightly used civilian version?

A note the only M1 Carbines currently available from CMP are the Baravian Police marked ones and a Very few Paratropper versions. Both only available via CMP auctions and I would assume at a rather high premium.

I didn't keep a ledger on parts but if I remember right I kept the costs down under $400.00. Once I had all the parts and the right tools, It took a couple of hours to put it together and test fire.

Yes, that's the one I commented on in my first post. It appears to be a good rifle at a decent price. Just do a little online research on these so you know what you are looking at when you inspect it.

A few things to consider if you think you are going to assemble one from parts. To avoid extreme frustration, the bolt requires a special tool to disassemble and reassemble. To remove and replace the dovetailed rear sight base, it is highly recommended that you get the special rear sight tool. (If you use a punch and hammer, it is possible to break the receiver, thus ruining the rifle.) The front sight also has its own special tool. These are good tools to have for a serious M1 carbine owner, but not necessary of you are just going to shoot it at the range or take it camping. I'd recommend a complete rifle as your first.

Keith

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.