JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love my Colt 1991 in .400 Corbon. I've done a number of tests, and it puts more energy on target at 50 feet than any (factory) .357 load I've tested, including the BVA Bear Rounds.

My RIA M1992 (still in .45acp, though I have the conversion) is my favorite 'woods sidearm' ever, and at 30 feet, I can keep all twelve rounds in a two-inch circle in under ten seconds.

I've never, however, been happy carrying in condition one. When I shot a lot, it was automatic for me to thumb the hammer on my Colts while drawing, but these days, with all my carry guns being double action for the first round (or DAO), I've lost some of the speed.

If the problem is an unhappy black bear, or a moose I've interrupted mid-coitus; I want a reliable, accurate, open-carry gun that will give me the power of my 1991, the capacity of the RIA, and the speed of a Sig P220.

Why does it seem that the mfgs think I'm a market of one? Am I?

I was soooo close to buying Dr. Krinkov's offering, but kept trying to find the perhaps only legendary P221 until he sold it to someone else.

Is there something out there that I should be looking at? Is there a way to get the P221 in .400 without having it smuggled into the states and then spending another $1500 to have it converted? Do you think I'm as paranoid as Ginny Burdick only differently?

I look forward to your comments.

Not what I was hoping for, and for whatever reason; I've never been on target with the first two rounds out of any Glock (damned Tupperware:p). I was thinking about one of the Para P14 LDAs, but I read that they had a bad habit of not hitting the primer hard enough in DA, and I know that the Corbons I've been shooting have pretty hard primers.

Anyone have any experience that way?

Those Lone Wolf folks do seem to make some great parts though.

Thanks.

How about buying an FN FNP 45 and a .400 Cor Bon barrel for it? Double action, hi-cap .45ACP with safety/decocker, just need a drop in barrel. There's got to be a barrel shop that can make one for the right price.

Or get a USP .45 and a spare barrel?

I appreciate it. I went to gunbroker.com where none had actually sold in a while, but the asking price was up there. Again, I've never shot one, and wouldn't look down at a gun until I've tried it, but that grip looks an awful lot like the old EAAs, and they were another that I had a real hard time hitting things with.

Maybe I'm just a throwback... My first handgun was a Sheridan Knockabout (am I dating myself?). Then it was Colt, Astra, Colt, CZ, Colt, Colt Clone, Colt, and about forty things that I barely shot in between. After twenty something years, the muscles remember, and I'm hoping not to have to retrain them (difficult now that the kids need more attention).

So I'm definitely open to suggestions for other things to try, and am willing to put a few dollars behind it, but I do want to give myself the best chance of finding something that works for me that I can.

Can anyone compare the USP's instinctive point of aim with the 1911? I've been concentrating on the .400 Corbon, but what other rounds might put a similar amount of energy on a nearby target.

Thanks to all,

Having had half a dozen 1911s before I bought my USP, for me, they "point" the same. It's never gonna have the "1911" trigger, but the HK ain't bad as is. I have shorter fingers, but find the USP45 to be comfortable and more manageable to shoot than a Glock 21 ( of which I've had 2 )...the FNP45 is almost identical in size to the USP, so you might want to try both....I can't say as to aftermarket barrels though, never looked.

I think the same thing and want a 221 enough to probably pay it if I found one. At the same time, I don't mean to be a .45/.400Corbon snob. What else is out there that'll give me 12+ rounds, quick on target, and at least 500 ft/lbs on a target 50 feet away but getting closer fast?

I think the same thing and want a 221 enough to probably pay it if I found one. At the same time, I don't mean to be a .45/.400Corbon snob. What else is out there that'll give me 12+ rounds, quick on target, and at least 500 ft/lbs on a target 50 feet away but getting closer fast?

10mm in Glock/CZ/Witness.

( eta....had window open too long! What PG said )

Anyone know of a .400 Corbon barrel for the Taurus PT 845? Will it handle the load? .460 Rowland?? I have no experience at all, but I do like those muzzle energy numbers. I see that there is a XD45 conversion, anyone tried it?

Thanks again,

Ron

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top