JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have wanted a Mauser for quite some time. The CG 63 looks like the coolest version of a Mauser I can imagine.

Is there anything to know before I pick one up? Anything to look for or avoid?

Not too much to know, what will really blow your skirt is the factory target sights it should come with! Not that it really effects the values much but there were a bunch of arsenal rebuilds that got the later CG-80 barrels swapped, which theoretically improves accuracy due to the heavier weight! Best of luck in your endeavors, those Carl Gustave's are exceptional rifles!

Beware that many of them are shot out - they are a VERY popular target rifle in most places, especially here in UK. As such, a thousand rounds a year are nothing special. You'll need to do a thorough bore exam before parting with your HAC.

Simpsons Ltd has been offering up a number of CG-63's (and CG-80) lately. Their prices tend to be reasonable (for the current market) and I have found the grading to usually be conservative.

Simpsons Ltd has been offering up a number of CG-63's (and CG-80) lately. Their prices tend to be reasonable (for the current market) and I have found the grading to usually be conservative.
That is good to know. I have been looking at the ones at Simpsons.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads