JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How hard you think this would be to make? An .06 kit would be cool too but the 54R is so cheap to shoot and a shorter round :D Maybe use an AR10 lower with a hydraulic buffer and piston actuation to get some smooth shooting on a cheapo round?

Yeah, but still.....people make AR's in every other caliber under the sun lol. Wonder how I could get a buffer tube on the back of a psl, with a hydraulic buffer installed. Call it the smooth operator LMAO

It would be very difficult in a AR platform . first the bullets are longer so Ar10 magazines would not work , second the rims are too large for a Ar10 bolt to be used. Even opening up a Ar10 bolt would not leave enough metal to be safe to shoot a 7.62x54R rimmed case .

A chamber could be made for it out of a .30 cal blank possibly even use a old mosin barrel could be modified to fit a Ar10 receiver but without working mags and bolt your dead in the water.

A Ar10 lower could possibly be modifled to take some form of 7.62x54 R mag but it would require a lot of skilled machining . possibly someone starting out with a unfinished lower forging could make a bigger longer magwell and move the controls back

I can't really see any manufacture producing these as eventually the surplus could dry out which means they will not get their money back in cost of development and tooling.
a bolt would need to be machined from scratch to do this

Its not impossible but it would time consuming and costly and by the time you finished it there would be no ammo left.

But its nice to dream though.

cobb made a ar15 in 30.06 using BAR mags. i think only a 100 were made though because they went out of business.

This has been discussed on other forums and the reasons why it won't happen have been laid out quite eloquently here. The main stopping point is the magwell. You could certainly have someone fab one up with a CNC machine but the cost would be enough to buy you a case of PSLs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top