JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you finally get one; I suggest Liberty Ammunition Co. Is the place to buy. Contact KKG on here or at WAC in Puyallup if you're interested in local purchase.

But there is a full set of unused Carbide dies in the For Sale section.

Got a set of Dillon dies for it all ready.
Too bad you could get some good ones. KKG
I do still have the Liberty Ammunition Company; 10mm available. Take a look at the website:
www.libertyammunition.com/
I live in Kent just off SR-18; West of Covington. I also carry their full line and do all the WAC Puyallup Gunshows. The next one is the 12th & 13th of August. Pretty much the price shown on the website is what I charge so you save the cost of Freight. Also I've been known to offer "Volume" Discounts. KKG

Last Edited:
Back to the 10mm...

Went to the range today to wring out a rifle. Figured I better shoot my 1911 10mm whilst I was at it, so I brought it along too. I love 1911's. But this SR 1911 10mm is the nicest to shoot of any 1911 I've ever shot, regardless of caliber. I've shot other 10mm's, but I was never a fan til now. Some of the stuff I shoot is not much hotter than a .40 S&W. Other stuff, 180 grain approaching 1300 fps is a little more stout, but the only real difference I notice while shooting is the bigger fireball. Shooting is still extremely comfortable.

Normally, I shoot bullseye targets, and if I can't shoot small groups every time, I'm disappointed. Today, I shot "paper gongs". These are very large paper targets with 5 gongs printed on them. Maybe 8 or ten inches each. Instead of shooting bullseyes, I shot these paper gongs as fast as I could. I got most of the shots on the gongs, and I was pleased. icon_mrgreen.gif That's probably a more realistic test of the gun and me than producing tiny little groups under very controlled conditions and no timer.

Again, I've never been a fan of the 10mm, but the SR1911 has made me a changed person.

Last Edited:
Back to the 10mm...

Went to the range today to wring out a rifle. Figured I better shoot my 1911 10mm whilst I was at it, so I brought it along too. I love 1911's. But this SR 1911 10mm is the nicest to shoot of any 1911 I've ever shot, regardless of caliber. I've shot other 10mm's, but I was never a fan til now. Some of the stuff I shoot is not much hotter than a .40 S&W. Other stuff, 180 grain approaching 1300 fps is a little more stout, but the only real difference I notice while shooting is the bigger fireball. Shooting is still extremely comfortable.

Normally, I shoot bullseye targets, and if I can't shoot small groups every time, I'm disappointed. Today, I shot "paper gongs". These are very large paper targets with 5 gongs printed on them. Maybe 8 or ten inches each. Instead of shooting bullseyes, I shot these paper gongs as fast as I could. I got most of the shots on the gongs, and I was pleased. View attachment 406124 That's probably a more realistic test of the gun and me than producing tiny little groups under very controlled conditions and no timer.

Again, I've never been a fan of the 10mm, but the SR1911 has made me a changed person.

Another convert. ;) Ruger has just introduced The Super Redhawk in 10mm Auto With a 6.5" barrel you can push the stock 10mm to "nuclear" levels placing the ballistics firmly in .41 Magnum territory.

About 15 years ago I was chatting with the boys at S&W Customer Service and learned that one of their members had bored out the chambered of a Model 610 (10mm) revolver to accept the 10mm Magnum cartridge. It worked beautifully! I wonder if that could be done for the new Super Redhawk (I can't see why it couldn't). This would allow the .44 Magnum performance of the 10mm Magnum cartridge to yet again, be replicated. When you can drive 200-grain JSP or JHP to 1600 fps and generating 1137 fpe the .40 caliber cartridge becomes quite effective at harvesting larger game.

The modification would still allow the revolver to shoot the .40 S&W at peak pressures without batting an eyelash. if anyone can show me how this would make the handgun less useful, please let me know.

I've been drawn to the 10mm more in recent months as well. I really the tangfolio series and also found a pre-CZ Dan Wesson pointman 10mm I looked at too. I don't have a 10mm yet and really wanted to get a suppressor so I went for that instead. As a reloader, adding a new caliber creates other problems like buying brass, dies, etc. and I didn't want to deal with that yet. Also being a generally supersonic round, I didnt want to get a new handgun that was half pointless to suppress. I will enjoy the suppressor once I get them out of jail but the tangfolio is still high in the want list. I did pick up a suppressor ready CZ75 B omega yesterday so it's like a little brother to the tangfolio :p

Last Edited:
Rock island fs hc. 16 rounds of 10mm goodness.

I think for the price, RIA makes a great 1911 in 10mm. $600 and it's not a stock GI looking piece. My hands aren't big and think the 2011 version might not be a great fit but glad to see it out there for those with bigger paws.

Ruger has just introduced The Super Redhawk in 10mm Auto With a 6.5" barrel you can push the stock 10mm to "nuclear" levels placing the ballistics firmly in .41 Magnum territory.

If you want that kind of power, why not just go up to a larger caliber like .44 Magnum? I think the draw of 10mm Auto is the little bit that often gets left off: Auto.

If I'm willing to pack a wheelgun, and accept all its short comings, I'll take a cartridge I'm not pushing to the hairy edge to get 1200 ft*lbs.

I've been drawn to the 10mm more in recent months as well. I really the tangfolio series and also found a pre-CZ Dan Wesson pointman 10mm I looked at too. I don't have a 10mm yet and really wanted to get a suppressor so I went for that instead. As a reloader, adding a new caliber creates other problems like buying brass, dies, etc. and I didn't want to deal with that yet. Also being a generally supersonic round, I didnt want to get a new handgun that was half pointless to suppress. I will enjoy the suppressor once I get them out of hail but the tangfolio is still high in the want list. I did pick up a suppressor ready CZ75 B omega yesterday so it's like a little brother to the tangfolio :p

You think you'll only buy 1 handgun in 10mm? :s0140: The 10mm is a sickness that is not easily remedied.

You'll get either the Dan Wesson or the Tanfo... then you'll want the other one... then maybe you should check out the Sig P220... then perhaps one of the grand daddy guns like the S&W 10x6.

Before you know it, you'll have 6 10mm Auto handguns and have no idea what happened. Don't ask how I know this.

I get what you're saying and I have that desease in other forms, which is why I'm holding off. I bought three suppressors last month and all I have to show for them is a bunch of paperwork and a hole where money once was :(. I'm a sucker for GOOD Black Friday sales.

I've used a 10mm revolver for over a decade and a 10mm auto in the last few years.
Not seeing evidence my life is improved by any measurable degree, as the round in my range use is largely a duplication of those other 401/410/429/etc dimensions.

At the upper end 10mm almost makes a good 41 mag. You can still hit or miss your POA. Granted, bowling pins make a snappy response compared to such as 40/357.

You think you'll only buy 1 handgun in 10mm? :s0140: The 10mm is a sickness that is not easily remedied.

You'll get either the Dan Wesson or the Tanfo... then you'll want the other one... then maybe you should check out the Sig P220... then perhaps one of the grand daddy guns like the S&W 10x6.

Before you know it, you'll have 6 10mm Auto handguns and have no idea what happened. Don't ask how I know this.

I know. (Trust me on this one).

If you want that kind of power, why not just go up to a larger caliber like .44 Magnum? I think the draw of 10mm Auto is the little bit that often gets left off: Auto.

If I'm willing to pack a wheelgun, and accept all its short comings, I'll take a cartridge I'm not pushing to the hairy edge to get 1200 ft*lbs.

I also have an S&W Model 58 and an S&W Model 657 with four and six-inch barrels respectively. Does that make you feel better? (And, yes, I love them all).

I have at my disposal a couple 44 mag wheel guns with stout hardcast handloads, yet when hunting in bear country I still strap my Glock 20 on my hunting pack belt and do not feel undergunned. Of course I have my rifle as my primary weapon but the glock is stoked with warm 200 gr hardcast handloads. I shoot the Glock as well or better than the revolvers and I don't feel bad when I peel off my pack and the Glock lands in the snow, mud, ice or water. It is a tool and I use it as such. I have been eying some of the 1911 pattern 10's but I don't think I could bring myself to use it in the same manner as the Glock. I would still like one though:).

I have a friend who has CC'd a Colt Delta Elite literally from the time they hit the market. He shoots it a lot too! Never had a problem, he is outdoors in Montana bear country and trusts his life to it everyday.
Not important here but I enjoy giving him krap about his fanny pack holster that he carries the big gun in. Anyone have any good
"Phag bag" jokes? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads