JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at 1911s for awhile now.
Just saw the new Ruger on here. Any body know the price ? Not to happy about the bull barrel and really prefer a blue or black slide But i bet it shoots. The slide could coated.
The Delta is ok but i like the Ruger rear sight enough that i would pick it if the price is about the same.
The 6 inch Remington might be ok but the you tube reviews are not very good.
The Dan Wesson Razor back is really good. Sights suck and its all stainless.
The other Dan Wesson's Silver back is ugly to me. And the Bruin would be grate but for 2 grand. no thanks.
Fussion fire arms just announced a 6 inch blue one with a Bomar type sight. I would change to a tritium front sight. And be tickled. That is where i'm leaning.
But your opinions please. The RIA is tempting but i prefer us made.
...tj3006

I do a ton of business with Fusion and can tell you that they are a first rate company, and if it's in your price range, that would be the one to get. You can also custom order that model with different sights and finishes if you e mail or call the sales dept. Not sure on any price differences, but they can tell you! I really like Ruger firearms, and this new one looks to be a really solid investment. The Delta is WAY over prices for that prancing pony, but it IS a COLT, they were the ones to figure out how to stuff all 10 mm in a 1911 and make it last, so there is that! Not sure where your heading, but the price spread of the 1911's you mentioned are pretty wide, so I would also look at an STI EDGE or Perfect 10!!! STI i IS the best thing in 1911's since J.M. Browning handed over production to COLT! BUY once Cry once!:p:p:p

I've been sniffing around at 10s lately too... EAA witness has some of the best ergonomics, is the least expensive,and holds 15rnds.. but it's not Made in USA. Can't go wrong with the Delta, and I like the Ruger, but I'm a little leary of new design Ruger products since My LCP2 had to get sent back(mag dropped every time I fired it), and the mark4 recall... Im of the mind to give things a year or so to see if any issues pop up. When I get one I'll probably go with EAA personally, but that's just me.

Frankly I'm just stoked about all the 10mm love! It's about time we pay homage the the round that always was and should have been until the shorty and wimpy came along.

10mm. When you want a semi-auto that will stop anything on two legs. Or four! :D

Can I get an A-MAN:p:p:p
A- Man....I'll do you one better
71C710B0-2651-4322-BC38-74C300B0E614-651-000001028AB7CA7A_tmp.jpg

Last Edited:
If you wanna shoot factory 10mm, sure, fun. If you want heavier higher power loads, skip it. Becomes a jamming POS,,,

Get a revolver, more reliable,,,

What does? A specific gun or just all 10mm's in general? I've shot plenty of full power 10mm and never found it to be any trouble.

I have shot plenty of Nuclear Power 10 mm handloads through both stock and full custom 1911's and never once had any kind of failure or issues with any part of the equation! Glock G-20's are the only one to ever have any problems with any ammo that was above "Standard Pressure" and if you upgrade barrels and springs, it's no longer an issue with them! 1911+10 mm= Perfection:):):)

Frankly I'm just stoked about all the 10mm love! It's about time we pay homage the the round that always was and should have been until the shorty and wimpy came along.

10mm. When you want a semi-auto that will stop anything on two legs. Or four! :D

Always wonder why all the 10mm love but then all the 40 hate....

Back on topic: I'd look at the P220 or maybe the Glock 20 or 40.

I just picked up this one ($895 at Tooele Shooting Supply).
'Bout pee down my leg every time I shoot it.
Soft shooter and very accurate. Steel slide and frame.
14 + 1
Like a deluxe version of CZ SP-01....sexy thing.

Tanfo Stock III
pistol-tanfoglio-stock-iii-(3)-kratka-zbran-pistol.jpg

Last Edited:
I just picked up this one ($995 at Tooele Shooting Supply).
'Bout pee down my leg every time I shoot it.
Soft shooter and very accurate. Steel slide and frame.
14 + 1
Like a deluxe version of CZ SP-01....sexy thing.

Tanfo Stock III
View attachment 374379
There is good reason they are a preferred competition pistol. I couldn't afford the delux, I'll probably end up with the basic blue witness. Henningshop.com has some great upgrades for em too.

Love the 1911 in 10mm! I have a Kimber that runs great! I replace the 22lb recoil spring with a 24 for the hotter reload, doesn't skip a beat.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top