JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's the cliff notes version. Please keep in mind, there are millions more out there with a better history to tell I'm sure. And, with a serious case of adhd, your decision making skills are not very good.
10 years old. Snowmobile. Didn't see my brother at a dead stop in a blizzard and I plowed into him at 45mph. Totalled both sleds.
12. Hit by a car doing 40 while walking accross pacific highway in Tigard. Severe compound fracture of leg. Severely tore open right arm. 100 stitches on that one scare alone. Very bad head trauma.
13. Stapled my growth plates shut in my knees due to broken leg growing back crooked. Lost 3-4 inches of height.
Senior year told to quit playing football due to what they used to call it, multiple concussion syndrome. My head turned black from hairline down to below the eyes on my last hit. It was very bad. I didn't stop playing. It was my senior year.
Junior year in college. Wrecked another snowmobile.
Senior year in college crashed a street bike. Missed a corner and went down doing 115. No helmet. Wearing shorts and t shirt. Cut open my liver. Jacked my kidney up, major scares deom pavement.
The liver deal was serious.
Year after college had shoulder surgery from football days. Got a blood clot that went into my lungs. That was very serious.

Add in 3 other at wrecks and maybe 100 stitches from various lessor wrecks and that is my life.
My body is sore. My walk is off due to one longer leg.
My balls never grow, but my humility did.
Yes I am a risk taker. And I get sick to think of any of my 5 kids acting that way.
Cost my parents many many $$$.

How about the back of a cr500 doing 100?
That is the bike that gave my dad the most suffering. After the clutch lever through the ankle my mother convinced him to sell it. And to think the butt of a 12 gauge to my face was bad you guys have me beat for sure, but as long as you leave this world doing what you love to do I couldn't argue with that. May we all go out with a grin.:D

Here's the cliff notes version. Please keep in mind, there are millions more out there with a better history to tell I'm sure. And, with a serious case of adhd, your decision making skills are not very good.
10 years old. Snowmobile. Didn't see my brother at a dead stop in a blizzard and I plowed into him at 45mph. Totalled both sleds.
12. Hit by a car doing 40 while walking accross pacific highway in Tigard. Severe compound fracture of leg. Severely tore open right arm. 100 stitches on that one scare alone. Very bad head trauma.
13. Stapled my growth plates shut in my knees due to broken leg growing back crooked. Lost 3-4 inches of height.
Senior year told to quit playing football due to what they used to call it, multiple concussion syndrome. My head turned black from hairline down to below the eyes on my last hit. It was very bad. I didn't stop playing. It was my senior year.
Junior year in college. Wrecked another snowmobile.
Senior year in college crashed a street bike. Missed a corner and went down doing 115. No helmet. Wearing shorts and t shirt. Cut open my liver. Jacked my kidney up, major scares deom pavement.
The liver deal was serious.
Year after college had shoulder surgery from football days. Got a blood clot that went into my lungs. That was very serious.

Add in 3 other at wrecks and maybe 100 stitches from various lessor wrecks and that is my life.
My body is sore. My walk is off due to one longer leg.
My balls never grow, but my humility did.
Yes I am a risk taker. And I get sick to think of any of my 5 kids acting that way.
Cost my parents many many $$$.

After all that... Every few years: "The liver deal was serious"... the blood clot to the lung was "very serious".

So averaging out this predictable cycle, you're due... please refrain from flying an airliner, or operating a bullet train. :D

Okay........here goes......never thought I'd admit this publicly but it fits the thread.....

Picture the scene.

26 years ago.
Old logging road, Mil-spec 556 ammo, 10" steel pipe standing vertical.
21 year old "kid" not really thinking consequences, hip shoots at said pipe.
Direct-back ricochet, "through and through" 1 1/2" to the left of the base of the zipper of my jeans. Through one of the "twins"
Lots of bleeding, driving a stick shift 4x4 with one hand (the other was applying direct pressure) 10+ miles home.
All healed well.
Couldn't stand up straight for 3+months.

Lesson(s) learned.

Now with three kids of my own (yes, they are mine ;)) we are the safest most cautious shooters that I know.
To make a quote from Band of Brothers... "How are them nuts sarge?" "They're fine thanks for aksing." "No problem."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top