JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Springfield Cabela's about an hour ago:

20140630_173608_zpsb7360a6f.jpg

:s0001:

They can keep it for $19.
Yup - just a smaller brick going for what 500 should go for.

I can remember paying $10 per 500 brick not too long ago, and until it gets back below $20 per 500 brick I won't be buying any.

But then, I bought several bricks at a time when it was $10 per 500 and I have thousands right now. Since I don't shoot that often I will just hold out.

I have noticed that the scalpers here on the forum are lowering their prices too.

Eventually the market will get saturated and supply will be able to keep up with demand. All those people who bought at high prices intending to resell at higher prices will be stuck with their "investment" and those who panic bought will run out of money and/or have their fill of rimfire ammo.

My math says $0.06 per round or equivalent to $30 for a brick of 500. If you are completely out of ammo then by all means it is a sight for sore eyes, but my brick of 500 22LR says $9.99 on the price tag and I like it that way.

since i'm getting way way down on ammo,i'd pay that,it's way less than the damned gougers are asking.
But waaaaaaaay too far to drive. dangit.
I hear Hillsboro bimart had it for the same price this morning,fyi.

I've been thinking about getting a small caliber center fire rifle to use instead of 22LR. The 22 Hornet comes to mind first, but it would cost more than $0.06 to reload and forget about the fun you can have with a 10/22 and BX-25 magazine. *sigh*

Reasonably, .223 is getting fairly cheap, at the $300/1000 it is about 5x as expensive as that ammo is, and I can reload it for less than half of that (my cost, not accounting for labor).

One of the ideas I've had in the past is making a center-fire, plastic cased version of the .22LR, so in most guns a bolt swap is all that would be required. Reasonably, one of the most expensive components of the .22lr is the casing and the primer, being able to use off the shelf primers would suddenly open the market up to substantially more competition. Using plastic would greatly simplify the manufacturing process, requiring only plastic molding machines, vs the comparatively expensive brass drawing process.

Don't understand why some people get bent about the price...

$20 for a couple hours of fun with the kids or a buddy - crap, can't go to a movie by yourself for that!

Hell, milk is $3.50 a gallon! EVERYTHING has gone up!

/ end rant /

I would buy a box for that. <$0.06/round is not that bad of a price.

But I am ok with you guys not wanting to buy it. You keep talking about how much it is "worth", but neglect the supply and demand cycle. It will balance out eventually, but a constant sting of events will keep the cycle going.

Not denying the theory of supply and demand - it is generally accepted fact.

I am voicing my opinion about those who "panic buy".

There are similarities to the housing bubble.

Those who pay or who paid the high prices during the panic will be left holding the bag. I fervently hope at least some of those are the scalpers/gougers/people who go in and scoop it all up and then resell at inflated prices, thereby maintaining the scarcity and prices.

I can easily afford to pay the current and even previous inflated prices, but I don't because I don't need to. Those of us who refuse to pay overly inflated prices are helping to bring the prices down so that we can all afford to enjoy shooting rimfire in the future.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top